Author Topic: Saccary Family- Nova Scotia  (Read 9887 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Saccary Family- Nova Scotia
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 March 16 19:10 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootshat, BSaccary...I do hope Pendlelad gets this notification...I'll maybe notify by private message as well.
Forgive me for having written 1819 above for Abraham as it was obviously 1919... I guess I was thinking backwards once again......

There are now some earlier instances of the surname in Burial Records of St. Paul's Anglican, Harbour Grace http://nl.canadagenweb.org/cbhg_hg_burials_1800.htm
http://ngb.chebucto.org/Parish/st-pauls-ang-burials-3-hg.shtml

7 May 1849       Stephen Sachary
17 Sep 1821      Peter Sachery - http://ngb.chebucto.org/Wills/sacrey-peter-1-350.shtml
22 Feb 1842      Anna Sackery
6 Nov 1805       [blank] Sacrey   -  7 yr Son of [blank] Sacrey of Bryans Cove
16 Sep 1829     [blank] Sacrey
10 Oct 1809      Charles Sacrey  - 18 mth - Son of Peter Sacrey of Bryans Cove
29 May 1840      Elizabeth Sacrey
23 Dec 1824     Joanna Sacrey
4 Jan 1825        Sarah Sacrey
19 May 1840     Stephen Sacrey
18 Sep 1825     William Sacrey
28 Feb 1832      Edward Sacrey/ Parsons

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 March 16 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Birth info was updated from Sucery, Joseph Adreen to Saccary, Joseph Adrien...June 28, 1914. parents as found earlier. ( see 3 other pages )
https://www.novascotiagenealogy.com/ItemView.aspx?ImageFile=1914-50700148&Event=birth&ID=311587
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline pendlelad

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 March 16 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi J.J and BSaccary,

Thanks for continueing this thread, i'm not sure if i said earlier on but i am not a relative of the Saccary's, i was only enquiring for a friend. Saccary is indeed a rare and interesting surname which i found to be challenging when researching it. J.J, I am grateful for the information you have provided here and it will surely help other people around the world related to the family, i will make sure the info also gets to my friend because he will be very happy to see it.

I find it quite strange that the surname is very specific to a small part of the UK in the tudor times, when did they emigrate from Prussia and why? Or is the name Saccary an english deriative of Zachary which could have come over in the Norman conquest?
LANCASHIRE-Nutter, Driver, Foley, Taylor, Blanthorn, Parker, Pickles, Grime, Mudd, Broadley, Spencer, Whalley, Harrison, Ellis, Timmins, Duerden, Cornthwaite, Schofield, Wardley, Lord, Scholes
IRELAND-Foley, Timmins, Foran, Farrall, Traynor, Crawley, Ganley, McDermott, Manning
HAMPSHIRE-Wheeler, Gilmore
STAFFS/SHROP-Darn, Spittle
DERB'HIRE-Mason, Trimmer
YORKSHIRE-Perkin (Parkin), Robinson
CORNWALL-Harris, Jane, Bennett
CHESHIRE-Littlemore, Timmins, Blanthorn, Smith
HUNTI'SHRE-Stretton, Bryant

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 March 16 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Only 3 Saccary names on Free BMD (England and Wales). 1942/3 and 1967 so will not mention names.

Marriage June Qtr. 1942, Worthing, Sussex
Birth June Qtr. 1943. Worthing, Sussex
Birth Dec. Qtr. 1967, Halifax, Yorkshire

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 17 March 16 23:48 GMT (UK) »
There is no proof as to the bkgd ancestry of the name in Canada. The older ones said English, the later ones said Irish...Family Lore has the immigrants to NFLD as from Jersey/channel islands so who knows??
Joseph Adrian Saccary, the topic of discussion, and supposedly the same fellow marrying during the war & also having a child in England ...was the son of Moses Sacrey & Catherine McKinnon...

Britanny, looking again, you must be talking about a different Joseph Adrian Saccary??? as yours has a different father?

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 March 16 00:51 GMT (UK) »
Images now available for many Sacrey baptisms early in the 1800s! For example
 Briants Cove, Harbour Grace  : Peter ( Ann)   Stephen ( Rebecca)   Zachariah  ( wife Elizabeth)
also one in Carbonear, Harbour Grace: Andrew ( Mary)  although hard to tell if this is one or two generations ( Stephen & wife having children from 1811 to 1831)
https://familysearch.org/search/record/results?count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Asacrey~%20%2Bbirth_place%3Anfld~%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1700-1820~
Other spellings Sacrae, Sacres, Sacry

St. Paul's Anglican has 3 baptisms 3 Jan 1784 for 3 children of John & Lucrecce "Zachary"
William, Jane & Zachary http://nl.canadagenweb.org/cbhg_hg_bap_1775.htm
( Further down this is claimed by a descendant  to be Zachariah Sacrey )
There is also a baptism in  6 Nov 1781   son of John & Grace Zachary - given name Clements
http://nl.canadagenweb.org/cbhg_hg_bap_1775.htm

Offline Nadcat78

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 03 June 16 03:26 BST (UK) »
My name is Nadine saccary (cathcart) my dad is Sheldon saccary and my grandfather was john William "Jake" saccary. He was raised in bridgeport NS .  He always said his relatives came from harbor grace NFLD.

Offline Annette Lynam

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 23 March 17 01:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  Little late to the party but I'm living in Ireland originally from the USA and I am related to Saccarys with roots from Nova Scotia. I know it's a common name there but you never know.  Check out Saccary's in Connecticut!