Author Topic: Elizabeth Eleanor Beesley nee Hood  (Read 7783 times)

Offline AussieHood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Eleanor Beesley nee Hood
« Reply #18 on: Monday 17 April 17 06:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you Aussie Hood for your reply.
My interest in the Hood family stems from research I did for a friend, last year.
John Beesley and Elizabeth Hood married many years after Elizabeth gave birth to her daughter, in 1921. Do you have proof that John is the father of this baby?
Cheers,
Valsgirl
Sorry, should have looked at the marriage vs birth dates; no proof that John is the father; your version sounds the most likely. Norma Maisie is the name showing in my information.
I was mainly trying to clear up the cross generation confusion with references to Elizabeth Ross, the wide of Rice Hood, which is the generation above Elizabeth Eleanor.
As I mentioned, Annie Sofia and Elizabeth Eleanor were sisters and Elizabeth Eleanor could have travelled to stay with Annie, but Rice and Elizabeth Ross ranged in the area from Mundulla to Naracoorte to Kaniva as the children grew up, and most of their descendants live in the Bordertown area today, so that's the most likely area for any family knowledge or photos. If you want more information on Elizabeth Eleanor's brothers and sisters, let me know, and I'll send you what I have.

Offline AussieHood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Eleanor Beesley nee Hood
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 12:42 BST (UK) »
Valsgirl, I've made some enquiries within the family, and with some luck I'll be getting contact details from an elderly lady who has an enormous knowledge of that branch of the family, and should know the story. If you PM me, I'll arrange to pass that on.