Author Topic: Tower of London poppies - date query  (Read 944 times)

Offline bykerlads

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tower of London poppies - date query
« on: Sunday 02 November 14 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if the ceramic poppies installation at the Tower of London will still be in situ on Saturday 15 Nov?
As far as I can gather, the end date was planned for the 11th but I was hoping that it might still be there for a few days, especially as it is proving so popular.

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of London poppies - date query
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 November 14 15:45 GMT (UK) »
You may still catch some of them Bykerlads ....see the link below...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/world-war-one/11191806/Tower-of-London-how-to-see-the-poppies.html

OR
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 November 14 15:52 GMT (UK) »
I'm hoping to go on Wednesday as I was under the impression that they will start "uprooting" the poppies from 12 November.   I'm also going up to London on Monday 17 November with a local group and we were hoping that there might be enough of the poppies left for the coach to take a detour and drive past the Tower of London.

Lizzie

Offline tup1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 November 14 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi

if you put volunteerteam.london.gov.uk/oppertunities/2603 in google you will find dates 12-27th Nov requesting volounteers to remove poppies.

kathy

Offline bykerlads

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 November 14 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, folks. It looks as if there's good chance of seeing the display still in place on the 15th when we're in London for the day.