Author Topic: Charles Wyatt bC1833 Blackshaw Glossop  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Charles Wyatt bC1833 Blackshaw Glossop
« on: Wednesday 05 November 14 04:00 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone have access to Parish Records which might enable me to find a definite birth/baptism record for Charles Wyatt bC1833 Blackshaw Farm Glossop ?
He is the sixth child ( of 10 ) of Joseph and Ellen Wyatt of Blackshaw Farm Glossop.
A brother Cephas was bapt. Glossop Parish Church 5 Mar 1830, a sister Mary Ann was born C1836 Blackshaw and another brother Joseph born 4 Jan 1842 Blackshaw. Joseph later married Wesleyan and came to Australia.

I calculated the birth date of Charles by refence to his 1841 Census age at Blackshaw when he was 8.

Any help greatly appreciated.
With thanks
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.

Offline Lazarus

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Wyatt bC1833 Blackshaw Glossop
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 November 14 04:10 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if this family switched churches?
My great grandfather Joseph Wyatt, mentioned above married 27 Jun 1863 before coming to Australia.
I thought this might help in my search for Charles Wyatt.
Wyatt and Wood of Glossop, Derbyshire. Longstaff of Bishop Auckland,Durham. Harry of St Austell and St Kew,Cornwall. Charters of County Antrim.Knight of Warwickshire.Hendy of Ballyedmonduff.