Author Topic: Shudall Redmond families 1800-1850  (Read 32692 times)

Offline nickr90

• RootsChat Member
  • I write extensively on the history of Wexford town
    • View Profile
Re: Shudall Redmond families 1800-1850
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 12 November 09 09:50 GMT (UK) »
In my memory Angie ran the shop but Mrs Shudall - a small elderly lady - often made an appearance.
Wexford Town Rossiter Sludds Ratigan Lowney Social History

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 19 July 10 08:19 BST (UK) »
Hatslip, I have no family connection with the Shudalls. A late friend of mine was in contact with a Jackie Shudall who I think was the last of his generation still alive. I f i can find out any further details i will get back to you .

Shellback,
I wonder if you ever got any details from this Jackie Shudall?
Eileen
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline erin21

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Olive Grove Assisi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 05 August 10 22:50 BST (UK) »
I just found this picture of Shudall's shop at the corner of Gibson's lane
What a fascinating photo !!
Erin
Butler  Wexford .   Smyth  Cavan.    Dooley  Liverpool.   McKay Liverpool.    Kennedy  Manchester.     Walsh  Cheshire.   Mericks  Whitehaven.   Houghton  Ashton in Makerfield.  Torpey  Cork.    Duffy  Cortaghard, Co Monaghan.   Mc Cabe   Kilkit, Co Monaghan. Jackson  Latully, Co Cavan.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 02 January 11 14:59 GMT (UK) »
Feb 16th 1864;
At the Monse of the Scots church, by the Rev. I Herherington, Mr. Samuel B Pearce, oldest son of Samuel Pearce esq,  to Miss Charlotte Shudall, 4th daughter of Loftus Shudall esq, Colishell, Wexford.

Jack

Offline bargyboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 13 October 11 22:21 BST (UK) »
Hi, my Grandfather was Mark  Redmond  born  c 1863. who married Elizabeth Shudall born   c. 1865 and lived in Duncormick.  I have been told that the Shudalls originally owned a large house (some ruins still remain) directly opposite Duncormick C of I Church, but were disinherited when a Shudall convertef to RC , presumably through a marriage to a Roman Catholic.  Do you have any information of this branch of the Shudalls please.    Regards,  Marcus Redmond.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 13 October 11 22:45 BST (UK) »
Electoral Registers; (1837)
Rent charges registered since 1832;

John Shudall; Duncormuck
Winetown & Commons
Name of Land;Bargy
Grantor; Loftus Shudell
Amount; £20
===========
Jack

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 14 October 11 01:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Marcus,
As you will see from earlier posts on this topic (and many elsewhere) Paul Pearce and I have been researching Shudalls for years.  We do know of this line, who show on the 1911 census (but not 19101), but so far have not worked out which of men from the previous generations might be her father.  The Shudalls were mostly based around Duncormick so there are a few of them. 

In current times the Shudalls are both Protestant and Catholic.  Redmonds have also been both. 

This may confuse you but there was also a Redmond+Shudall couple who married in 1825 too (Paul's line). 

I have had a quick check of Cantwell's for your Mark/Marcus but didn't see anything in Duncormick district.
The 1911 shows him as a postman which is very interesting as my White line (in which a James of the same era as your Elizabeth married a Shudall) ties to the post office in Duncormick too.  I will investigate this further to see if there is any Redmond link there.

Eileen
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 14 October 11 02:11 BST (UK) »
Marcus,
I should have also told you that she was probably known as Bessie as a marriage record for Bessie Shudall in 1890 matches one for Mark Redmond.  See it on https://www.familysearch.org/search/records#count=20&query=%2Bgivenname%3Aelizabeth~%20%2Bsurname%3Ashudall~%20%2Bmarriage_place%3A%22wexford%2C%20ireland%22%20%2Bmarriage_year%3A1890 and then, using this information, go to the GRO site to order a copy of their marriage certificate.  This should show you who their fathers were so you will get the previous generation.

I also contributed some records to IGP where you will see they had a son George in 1905 (not on 1911 so probably died).

Mark/Marcus is not a very common name in Co. Wexford but I remember an old Marks Redmond from my youth there.  Where are you?
Eileen

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 14 January 12 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Hatslip, I have no family connection with the Shudalls. A late friend of mine was in contact with a Jackie Shudall who I think was the last of his generation still alive. I f i can find out any further details i will get back to you .

Shellback - I wonder if the Jackie Shudall you mention above is the one who used to live in Cornwall?