Author Topic: Jane Morrison  (Read 2106 times)

Offline fabstrawberry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Morrison
« on: Saturday 08 November 14 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm looking for information on my great grandmother Jane Morrison, usually called Jean. She was born in August 1914/1915 in Sutherland or thereabouts, her mother died young and she lived with her father and stepmother. She left at a young age to go and be a domestic servant to an old woman in Fodderty. She married Peter Colven, not sure of the year. She had a daughter, Margaret Colven, on 8 July 1936 in Strathpeffer :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Morrison
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 November 14 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi , welcome to RootsChat  :)

Scotlandspeople has a marriage Peter COLVIN / Jane Morrison 1935 Ross & Cromarty.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline fabstrawberry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi , welcome to RootsChat  :)

Scotlandspeople has a marriage Peter COLVIN / Jane Morrison 1935 Ross & Cromarty.

ev

Interesting, that'll be them :) The surname confuses me because I know it's definitely COLVEN but it seems it is spelt Colvin sometimes?

Offline fabstrawberry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 19:11 GMT (UK) »
I should add some more information
He didn't go to war in world war 2 because he owned a farm and so was needed
They also had another son called Billy, a few years later

Offline fabstrawberry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 November 14 12:57 GMT (UK) »
I have some new information, I believe her father was John Morrison and her mother was Barbara. I think her surname MAY have been Campbell before marriage but I'm not sure.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 16 November 14 13:34 GMT (UK) »
If you think the 1935 marriage is correct it should give the names of the parents -
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records