Author Topic: Parents of June Russell  (Read 1548 times)

Offline chieflx

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parents of June Russell
« on: Saturday 08 November 14 07:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to trace the family family of my great uncle Albert Stanley RUSSELL (1889 - 1978), He married Jessie Louise FORSTER 1893 - 1985) in Newcastle Upon Tyne reg district in abt 1920. I have found a reference to June Russell on familysearch for the 3rd quarter of 1931 which gives the mothers surname as FOSTER but no other details. I wonder if anyone is able to check locally whether her parents are  Albert & Jessie.

Many thanks
Rob
Luscombe, Russell, Pepperell, Crichton & Anton.  Areas include Scotland, Devon and Germany but the Russell side has spread over most of the UK

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of June Russell
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 November 14 08:04 GMT (UK) »
Using FreeBMD, I found this marriage - which is much more likely to be June's parents?

March qtr 1931
Durham district     vol 10a, page 531

Russell, William H
Forster, Ruby
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of June Russell
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 November 14 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am trying to trace the family family of my great uncle Albert Stanley RUSSELL (1889 - 1978), He married Jessie Louise FORSTER 1893 - 1985) in Newcastle Upon Tyne reg district in abt 1920. I have found a reference to June Russell on familysearch for the 3rd quarter of 1931 which gives the mothers surname as FOSTER but no other details. I wonder if anyone is able to check locally whether her parents are  Albert & Jessie.

Many thanks
Rob

You say that June has the mothers maiden name of FOSTER,in fact it is indeed FORSTER and is probably the daughter of the couple already mentioned by KGarrad.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk