Author Topic: Roman Catholic Marriage Lookup Request  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Roman Catholic Marriage Lookup Request
« on: Monday 10 November 14 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if the Roman Catholic Marriage records are able to be looked up in any way, but if they are, I'm looking for a Marriage that took place in County Meath, possibly within the Diocese of Meath, between a Benjamin Brady and Jane Morris in 1830.

Also, if there's any Baptisms of children of the above Marriage, that would be a major bonus!  I know of 4 children they had, but cannot find entries for them anywhere, and suspect it is because they are records kept by the Roman Catholic Church in Ireland.  Children's names were Benjamin Brady, William Brady, Ann Jane Brady, and Anna Brady.  I do know there were at least two more children - girls, from a newspaper article.

Many thanks for any assistance.
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand
Oxley - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline meath999

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roman Catholic Marriage Lookup Request
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 November 14 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi, the site you should search is a pay site called rootsireland.ie . It has just become a subscription site. It is the website of the Irish Family History Foundation, an umbrella organisation for the network of county based genealogy centres, one of whose major work in recent years was the transcribing of Catholic Parish records.   What you cant get is a view of the origional register page.

There is also a database accessed through Ancestry.co.uk which just happens to have lots of Meath RC Records in it but I Will have to double check which one it is and come back to you, as there are a number of similar sounding ones, but only one with the "good stuff".

Regards Kevin (meath999)

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 00:03 GMT (UK) »
I checked on their site, but couldn't find any records unfortunately.

Ancestry.com hasn't turned up anything either, but if you can find the RC records with the "good stuff", that would be great.

Thank you.
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand
Oxley - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 08:01 GMT (UK) »
It may be that the records you are looking for are not online or no longer survive.

Meath Catholic records by parish-
www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/browse/counties/rcmaps/meathrc.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline meath999

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 November 14 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi tikva
The ancestry databases that I am referring to are"selections of Catholic
Parish baptisms 1742-1881"
"Selections of Catholic parish deaths1756-1881"
 And "selections of Catholic parish marriages and banns 1742-1884"
Which cover a large number of county Meath Catholic parish records. But as aghadowey has pointed out above, many of the records are lost.