Author Topic: Ann Coles  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Coles
« on: Wednesday 12 November 14 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello all would like to find Ann Coles who married Mark Dewberry in Castor in 1799 perhaps finding out more about her might understand this family history, love the coloured poppy on the message icon. :'(

Janet :-[

Offline Pennie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Coles
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 11:39 GMT (UK) »

Hi Janet ...

According to the Northamptonshire Marriage Index (1700-1837), Mark DEWBERY (sic) and Ann COLES were married in Sutton-by-Castor (which was originally a chapel-of-ease for Castor's parish church of St. Kyneburgha).  Looking at the marriage record may provide further clues, particularly through the names of witnesses.

The NBI has a Mark NEWBERRY buried at Wood Walton in 1826, aged 70.  This would mean a birth year of c1756 - possibly too early?  Did Mark and Ann have children?  This may give a clue as to whether she was of a similar age.

Pennie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www. nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Coles
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Good Evening Pennie, thanks for your help so much the Mark Dewberry buried is my ancestor he married a Mary? first unknown date their children were James 26//1781 and Sarah then Mary died in 1786 Stibbington aged 36 in John the Baptist then Mark married a Catherine Askham in 1787 very close and both are buried in WoodWalton. I couldn't find the burial date for Ann Dewberry (Coles) anywhere searching through CD's maybe Mary (first wife) was Maryann??  :'( this is why I am trying to find Ann Coles baptism date to see if she did change her name from Ann to Maryann.?? :-[

Janet ???