Author Topic: Violet Olga Owen  (Read 9294 times)

Offline oharaedith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Violet Olga Owen
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 20 November 14 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Edith went to Addison Road, which was her stepmother's address.  I'm not sure about the Seville Place address, but yes that is her uncle at 107 Seville .   
Edith married Henry Edward Porter and had a son Henry Jr in 1914. 
Henry remarried ? and had a daughter Florence in 1918. and remarried ? again and had another daughter around 1942  I found lots of family here in Canada, and still keep in touch, but they knew nothing about my mam, or what happened to Edith Florence.   Henry Sr. said she had died in Ireland.  but I think she came back to Canada around 1920 but I'm not sure .

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 20 November 14 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Re-marriage implies that there should have been a divorce (can't see anything in Canada National Archives database) but if that child born in 1918 is not Edith's it might be that Henry became involved with someone else soon after Edith came to Dublin in 1916 to have her 2nd child.

Have you checked the online Irish civil registration index for Edith's possible death? (although if she had another partner any death could be registered under a different surname.

There are online records for passengers leaving the U.K. (up to 1960) and other databases for Canadian arrivals- have you checked both of these at all?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline oharaedith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 21 November 14 02:54 GMT (UK) »
The child born in 1918 is not Edith's daughter. The mother's name was Bird or Byrd not sure how it was spelt. I don't think Henry and her were officially married as cant find a cert .He also had another daughter born 1942 with another woman.   I have met the daughter born in 1918 and still keep in touch with the daughter born 1942. 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 21 November 14 08:43 GMT (UK) »
Well, at least the child born 1918 can be eliminated as Edith's child but we aren't allowed to post details of living people so you'll need to remve the name on the youngest daughter in your earlier post (you can modify your own posts with 24 hours, after that a moderator has to make any changes).

Had a look for Edith leaving U.K without any luck so far. will keep looking...
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline emco

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
It is a few years ago  but have you found out all you want? I came across some information while researching my own family. A Julia Owen of your family is married to one of my family. In 1920 Violet Owen had an address at The Rectory, Navan, Co. Meath. She was next-of-kin in the DMP log book for Albert Owen and made a declaration giving her address as 3 Claremount Rd., Sandymount, Dublin. Can attach images from logbook if you wish.