Author Topic: STEWARTS OF ENNISKILLIN  (Read 5538 times)

Offline Irish Cowboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
STEWARTS OF ENNISKILLIN
« on: Wednesday 19 November 14 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Am looking for any info on STEWART family form ENNISKILLEN
This is all i have

Edward Stewart born around 1860 to 1865 in Enniskillen , left to come to L/Derry were he married Ellen Adair and settled in L/Derry , Edward father is Charles Stewart i believe his mother was Anne Graham, He might also have brother Charles Stewart , Again I understand this is very little info, all i have over years family lost touch,,,Any more info would be brilliant 

THANKS Keith
Ferguson L/Derry,Canada,Donegal,Fermanagh,
Bell Co Down,L/Derry, Canada ,
Thompson Co Down,
Wright Donegal,L/Derry,
Hyndman Co Tryone ,L/Derry,
McElwee Donegal,L/Derry,
McClintock Donegal,
Glenn Donegal,
Black Donegal,
Gibson Donegal,
Currie, Scotland,
Henderson,Scotland
Henderson Co Leitrim Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: STEWARTS OF ENNISKILLIN
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 November 14 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Possible sibling- Jane   born 17 June 1864 parents- Charles Stewart & Anne Graham
Belleek is the registration district but the birth certificate will list exact place of birth (townland)- page 11 in register
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FRWY-YZ8

A location for the family will give an indication where you might find church records (if they survive)

Edward Stewart-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/No__4_Urban__West_Ward/Lecky_Road/1537167
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Londonderry_Urban__4_/Lesky_Road/603484

However, are you sure about the parents' names? where did you get the names from?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Irish Cowboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 November 14 13:04 GMT (UK) »

I know that Edward was born in Enniskillen in the census 1901 gives birthplace as Enniskillen and on local city graveyard also says birthplace Enniskillen, On his marriage cert gives father as Charles Stewart, Am guessing on Anne Graham as his mother, am taking his age of death which this takes me 1860 to 1864, see plus there's Charles possible brother being born to Charles and Anne Stewart again leading me to thinking that Edward parents is Charles and Anne Stewart       
Thompson Co Down,
Wright Donegal,L/Derry,
McElwee Donegal,L/Derry,
McClintock Donegal,
Glenn Donegal,
Black Donegal,
Gibson Donegal,
Currie, Scotland,
Henderson,Scotland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 19 November 14 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Just because census says born 'Enniskillen' doesn't mean that was his actual birthplace- he might just have put the name of the nearest town.

Why are you 'guessing' that Anne Graham was his mother?

There seem to have been several Charles Stewarts having children in Enniskillen area around the time you think Edward was born.

It looks like Charles Stewart & Anne Graham married in 1864 so there should be a birth registration for Edward (and there doesn't seem to be so perhaps Edward was born shortly before 1864).

Offline Irish Cowboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 November 14 13:39 GMT (UK) »
Am getting born in Enniskillen form family as form Edward down to father was Enniskillen, but i do know what your meaning could village near Ennishkillen, not sure if this helps Edward was R/C when he married in L/Derry
Thompson Co Down,
Wright Donegal,L/Derry,
McElwee Donegal,L/Derry,
McClintock Donegal,
Glenn Donegal,
Black Donegal,
Gibson Donegal,
Currie, Scotland,
Henderson,Scotland

Offline trazz

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 February 15 22:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi i think the mothers name was Ann Jane Smith not Graham

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 February 15 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi i think the mothers name was Ann Jane Smith not Graham

Not sure what's the basis for this but there is a birth of a son for this couple-
Charles Stewart 1865 Enniskillen
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:F51F-XB2

Offline andrewwatts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 March 18 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I too have been looking at tracing from the stewarts of Derry back through Willie and Edward stewart. Several of us have got stuck at tracing back to Edward's in Enniskillen. We can see Edward marrying Ellen Adair in Derry in 1887. It shows his father charles, and in this chain there is some query of his mother ann (Ann Graham or Anne Jane Smith) and of course his missing birth record.

I found the following in find my past which (in latin) appears to show an Edwardus being baptised on 12 Oct 1865, born on 7 Oct 1865 to father Charles (difficult to read) and Mother Anne Joanna (?) Smyth.

search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=ire%2fprs%2fmicrofilm05567-05%2f0142&parentid=ire%2fprs%2fbap%2f2059131

Does anyone have anything to shed on this? have I interpreted right, have others found this previously.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 March 18 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I too have been looking at tracing from the stewarts of Derry back through Willie and Edward stewart. Several of us have got stuck at tracing back to Edward's in Enniskillen. We can see Edward marrying Ellen Adair in Derry in 1887. It shows his father charles, and in this chain there is some query of his mother ann (Ann Graham or Anne Jane Smith) and of course his missing birth record.

I found the following in find my past which (in latin) appears to show an Edwardus being baptised on 12 Oct 1865, born on 7 Oct 1865 to father Charles (difficult to read) and Mother Anne Joanna (?) Smyth.

search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=ire%2fprs%2fmicrofilm05567-05%2f0142&parentid=ire%2fprs%2fbap%2f2059131

Does anyone have anything to shed on this? have I interpreted right, have others found this previously.

Are any places mentioned??  link gets me this. Is it a church regisiter or what??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.