Author Topic: Italian Research  (Read 84768 times)

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH
« Reply #261 on: Thursday 14 June 18 07:42 BST (UK) »
cbocca,

Hi Charlene,
Got a reply this morning with the BC.  Unfortunately it was in "SPAM".  Tried to open the attachments all the same, but they were removed as they contained a "VIRUS".
Have now e-mailed again the Comune and explained.  So waiting for another reply.

Steve 
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline mixedupmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 06:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I was wondering if you could try to get two death certificates for me please. Details are:
Carlo Della Vedova died on or about 8 November 1941 and Margherita Lucia Della Vedova died on or about 31 October 1957. They are siblings and both died in Berbenno di Valtellina, Sondrio.

Thank you for your help.

R.

Smealls - Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Williamsonson - Dunfermline, Scotland
Della Vedova - Tirano and surrounding villages, Italy
Maganetti - Tirano, Italy

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Monday 16 July 18 21:54 BST (UK) »
mixedupmob,
Sorry not back to you sooner, but its June-July-August beachtime here for me and research has been put on the back burner for now.
Now I can get the certificates for you no problem.  How long it will take is another matter.  Holiday season here.
Before I write is there some particular you are looking for?  The certificates will give name and date of death .  There will be no other info as we talking "modern certificates" as opposed to "pre unification" which would give more info most times.
If its just the certificates with the actual date of death you want - no problem will do.  If you are looking for more info let me know what info you are after.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Monday 16 July 18 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve62

Have you found out any more info on Nicholas Bonnitcha/Boniccia/Bonachit, I am just hitting brick walls, he said that he was on the same ship "Sir W F Williams" as Euphemia Fraser and her two sisters Ann & Janet, no info on him as a passenger or a crew member which left Liverpool and arrived in Australia in 1856.
On his Naturalisation papers he said that his parents were Marcello/Marco and Catarina, no last name. His first child was a girl and named Catherine Ann (Catarina), his second child was a boy named Mark (Marcello/Marco), then came Donald, Matthew John, Nicholas, Euphemia, Joseph and then Jessie Madeline. It is funny how only some of the children have two names where others only have one, I wonder if the middle names could be any significance to his relatives or his children names, Catherine, Mark, Nicholas and Euphemia, we know where they came from but what about Donald, Matthew John, Joseph and Jessie Madeline. Could one of these be his brothers, sisters and grandparents names, interesting...
Cheers
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards

Offline mixedupmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Monday 16 July 18 23:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I would be happy with whatever information is included on the certificate. Should they have been married and the spouse name is included that would be a bonus.

R.
Smealls - Kirkcaldy, Scotland
Williamsonson - Dunfermline, Scotland
Della Vedova - Tirano and surrounding villages, Italy
Maganetti - Tirano, Italy

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 18:28 BST (UK) »
stephenbonn
Hi Stephen,
Now this is embarrassing and please accept my sincere apologies for the long wait.  I had put a cross over your request in my "ongoing research file",  which means I replied, but evidently I did not.  My mistake.
In September I sent an e-mail to the Diocesan Archives in Trieste and also wrote by letter to  the 2 parishes; Santa Maria Maggiore and Sant'Antonio Taumaturgo.  Replicated again in January and then in March.  Never received any replies.  I would have thought "3 times" would have produced something.  Unfortunately this is a problem I have had in past for other people.  Have now made one last request, but if there is no answer ........

As regards the names you mentioned it is possible they were taken from g.parents/g.g.parents as this was at one time the done thing.  As a matter of interest; Matthew(Mateo),  John (Giovanni),  Mark (Marco),  Joseph (Giuseppe),  Jessie(Jessica), Madeline(Madalena).  As regards Donald cannot find an italian equivelant.

Fingers crossed

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline mitch601

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Thursday 02 August 18 15:40 BST (UK) »
hi steve,what details do you need to look up for info? i have a few italians i am researching and trying to find info on a few further back.very much appreciate any help. thanks

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Thursday 02 August 18 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi mitch601,
I have lived in Italy for 30 years and that is why I started this posting and also my own personal research in the world was coming to an end.  I am not a 100% expert, but can usually find my way around the system.  Sometimes with results and sometimes not.  There is very little on the internet and the Institutions here do not always reply.
But down to your question.  If it is after the Unification of Italy in 1861 then B/M/D certificates are available from the local town hall (Municipio) - whether they reply is another matter.  Prior to this there are the State Archives and Diocesan Archives.  Again whether they reply is another matter. Certificates prior to 1861 will give a lot more info than those afterwards.  They can sometimes have an annotation as to marriage/Death.
To obtain documents they require D/M/Y or at least M/Y and place. 
If you give me some info on the people you are researching I can try and obtain documents for you and will translate. 
Its the height of summer holidays here and everything slows down.
Glad to help in any way.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline mitch601

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Monday 06 August 18 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,  before I go look at names etc of ones I'm trying to find, do you know how I'd go about finding out if someone was deported from Scotland back to italy between 1970 and 73 ? Also if there were any more children born to a couple? This couple are still living though so not sure if allowed to name them on here. Thank you