Author Topic: Italian Research  (Read 85091 times)

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 February 15 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update Steve  :)

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline mazzie74

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 March 15 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

There is a gap of birth records on the antenati.san.beniculturi site for the hamlet of Alpe di Stazzema, in the town of Stazzema, Lucca Province, Tuscany, Italy, for the years 1818-1822.

I have ancestors born in those years.

The missing years are held at the Archivio di Stato di Firenze.

They sent me one ancestors details but aren't very helpful in sending me more details.

I think they see me as a bit of a pest as I've contacted them loads of times.

I am looking for details of the births of children of:

Iacopo Mazzei and (Maria) Rosa Guazzelli (married before 1818);

Pietro (Gaetano) Mazzei and Giovanna Catelani (married September 1819);

(Giovanni) Lorenzo Bertellotti and Rosa Angela Mazzei (married January 1821);

Lorenzo Barsi and Lucrezia Mazzei (married October 1819).

Can you help?

If you can't supply the relevant pages, the transcriptions would be fine.

Thanks

Darin  (England).

Mazzei/Mazzie - Stazzema (ITA); Cardiff; Bristol.
Bernardi - Tuscany (ITA); Cardiff; Boston (MA);
O'Keefe/O'Keeffe - Cardiff.
Svombo - Cardiff; London.
Mahoney - Newport; Cardiff.
Bugeja - Malta.
Godden - Faversham; London; Northumberland.
Harris - Deal; Gillingham.
Morris - Ramsgate; St. Lawrence; Gillingham.
Stupples - Broadstairs; Ramsgate.
Lamb - Elswick; Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
Todd - Berwick; Burradon; Dudley (NBL).
Houston - Sunderland.
Gibson - East Holywell; Cramlington (NBL)

Offline stephenbonn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 21 March 15 00:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve

My gg grandfather came from Liverpool to Australia in 1856 on the ship "Sir W F Williams" so he says, there is no record of him as a passenger, he was a mariner so he could have been a crew member, no record of that either. He said that he came from Trieste, Italy on his ship manifests when he worked in Tasmania on boats going from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia to Melbourne or Sydney, Australia. He was born 25/12/1832 and his name was Nicholas Bonachi or with a t Bonachit or it could be Bonniccia when pronounced sounds like my name now which is Bonnitcha with a silent t (Bonni cha). He also said on his nationalised papers that he came from Ragusa, Austria and that his parents were Marcello and Catarina no last name on either of them, it also says that Marcello was a seaman.
Any information on Nicholas or his parents would be greatly appreciated as I have also asked other people, but they seem to come up with what I already have. I know there could be some variations in the name but I don't know where he actually came from. I have had some relations who thought he came from Croatia and went to Croatia but they came up with nothing, so I am thinking he is Italian as lot of my Italian friends have said, but as they live in Australia they can't help me with anything.

Hope you can help me.

Thank You
Stephen
Bonnitcha (Bonachit, Bonniccia, Bonacci), Fleming, Anderson, Fraser, Watson, Neal, Finlayson, McKenzie, McQueeney, Peddison, Cuming, Burgess, Boyton, Mallin, Bruce, Bird, Howes, Ward, Richards

Offline Crazywelshgal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 09 April 15 23:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
Not sure if you can help in the slightest as I have no definate details - just info that we have been told. We are trying to figure out the mystery of my late nan's father ( BC States unknown) we have been told her sisters ( born 1942 & also deceased) has a Reginald Juggins who was italian and came over to hereford and/or Wales and died during the war. To be honest it sounds a cover story to me as I don't think reg juggins sounds italian in the slightest and we don't have copy of her BC yet. Just wondered if there was a way to find out if he actually was a real person & a serving soldier in Italy etc. I don't have any other details on him except that and not expecting a miracle ;-)
 Thank you

Offline reflector

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 April 15 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hi, l have been searching for anything on my Gt Grandfather in Italy all records he has only put Italy as place of birth, l have no date of him coming to Uk but he was married in 1882 but they already had 2 children my grandfather Francis 1877  and his brother Charles 1879 but have found no records of either of these births all other children of the marriage where registered .
His name was Francesco Travi born 1858 and he was a wire worker, his best man came from Como Italy and the boss of the firm which l think my Gt Grandfather worked for Peter Licari died whilst on holiday or retired back to Italy at Ville Albese   Prov Como Italy  so maybe my Gt Grandfather came from there , so to have rattled off and hoping you can work a miracle for me.
Sandra
Travi
Clark London/Hertfordshire
Dilley London
Trout Devon
Wickert london/Germany
Rowe Devon/London

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 24 April 15 13:30 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
Sorry being late in replying, but here goes to all.
mixedupmob:  Church records are not digitised and very old.  Seems will take years for someone to sort it out.  Sorry that seems a no no.

sami: Short answer to my question from Bagnoli del Trigno - No records.  Again seems a no no.

mazzie74 : Probally because they would need a d.o.b.  Do the ancestor records have anything to do with them?  Let me know if yes or no.  Will then try and sort out even without d.o.b.

stephenbonn : First the surname would'nt be Bonachit, thats not italian.  Will try Archives under the name of Nicola Bonachi/Bonniccia.

crazywelshgirl : Juggins is'nt italian, but could have anglitised his surname.  Leave that with me and see what I can find UK/Italy.

reflector : It could well be Como for your Francesco Travi 1858.  Will write to the Archives and see.

As you can see sometimes it is easy and sometimes not.  Depends if the records are in handwriten volumes or have been digitilised.  I am still waiting after three months from Messina and several follow ups and telephone calls.

Steve
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline reflector

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 24 April 15 17:37 BST (UK) »
Hi, Thankyou for giving it a try, l forgot to say that on Francesco's wedding cert he states his father is Francis a Tailor  dont know if this will help.
Sandra
Travi
Clark London/Hertfordshire
Dilley London
Trout Devon
Wickert london/Germany
Rowe Devon/London

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 24 April 15 18:18 BST (UK) »
sami: Short answer to my question from Bagnoli del Trigno - No records.  Again seems a no no.

Hi Steve:

Thanks very much for trying. Perhaps there's some truth to the family story about the town hall records being destroyed in a fire after all.

If you are still willing to search some more I've got a couple of other names and towns for you to try.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 24 April 15 20:47 BST (UK) »
Reflector:  Sandra lets see what we get from the Archives and take it from there.

Sami :  Must have been the fire.   Yes give me the names and I will try for you.

Steve
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy