Author Topic: Italian Research  (Read 104679 times)

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH
« Reply #243 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:36 BST (UK) »
battista
Had  look at Familysearch to see I could get the Birth certificate, but nothing came up.  Have now e-mailed Archivo di Stato Frosinone for the certificate.  Sometimes people put down Birth in ...... and then ..............  I have an ancestor born in Bury, Lancashire and in some documents it says Radcliffe, Lancashire.  Next door to each other.

Confused here about Elizabeth Ellen Lawson.  You say he married her in 1885 and in the 1881 Census there is a Lizabetta Lawson, which is probally the same person.  He married after 1881 and so don't follow that track.

Wil let you know as soon as I get a reply from Frosinone and will translate if needed.

Steve
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:48 BST (UK) »
battista
Had  look at Familysearch to see I could get the Birth certificate, but nothing came up.  Have now e-mailed Archivo di Stato Frosinone for the certificate.  Sometimes people put down Birth in ...... and then ..............  I have an ancestor born in Bury, Lancashire and in some documents it says Radcliffe, Lancashire.  Next door to each other.

Confused here about Elizabeth Ellen Lawson.  You say he married her in 1885 and in the 1881 Census there is a Lizabetta Lawson, which is probally the same person.  He married after 1881 and so don't follow that track.

Wil let you know as soon as I get a reply from Frosinone and will translate if needed.

Steve

Hey Steve,

Thanks. Yea, I figured it was probably just that for the case of birthplace.

As for the marriage, I know he married an Elizabeth Ellen Lawson from England in 1885. However, in the 1881 census, he's married to a Lizabetta Battista whose birthplace is listed as Italy. Giovanni and Lizabetta are listed as being married in 1881, yet his marriage to Elizabeth is actually 4 years later. I believe Lizabetta Battista and Elizabeth Ellen Lawson are the same person.

However, my nonna, does not believe this. So, she's specifically asked me to find a marriage certificate to a Lizabetta from Italy  ::) (which I'm sure doesn't exist).
Battista
Lawson

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:54 BST (UK) »
battista

Steve

Hey Steve,

As for the marriage, I know he married an Elizabeth Ellen Lawson from England in 1885. However, in the 1881 census, he's married to a Lizabetta Battista whose birthplace is listed as Italy. Giovanni and Lizabetta are listed as being married in 1881, yet his marriage to Elizabeth is actually 4 years later. I believe Lizabetta Battista and Elizabeth Ellen Lawson are the same person.

However, my nonna, does not believe this. So, she's specifically asked me to find a marriage certificate to a Lizabetta from Italy  ::) (which I'm sure doesn't exist).

Pasquale Battista, who is with Giovanni and 'Lizabetta' in 1881 has mother's maiden name Lawson on the GRO Index, which supports your contention that Elizabeth and Lizabetta are one and the same.

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Friday 25 May 18 11:56 BST (UK) »
battista

Steve

Hey Steve,

Pasquale Battista, who is with Giovanni and 'Lizabetta' in 1881 has mother's maiden name Lawson on the GRO Index, which supports your contention that Elizabeth and Lizabetta are one and the same.

Yep, I found that too (and shown it). I've ordered Pasquale Battista's birth certificate, she won't believe me until her own eyes see the actual certificate.
Battista
Lawson

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Friday 25 May 18 12:01 BST (UK) »
battista,
Well seeing the last posting it appears they may have married 4 years later.  There is a possibility on the Birth certificate showing a marriage.  This sometimes shows on pre-1861 documents. 

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Friday 25 May 18 13:53 BST (UK) »
battista

Steve

Hey Steve,

I'm also looking for the long form certificate, I believe it's called an "Estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita", how can I get that one as well (my nonna explicitly told me to get that one).
Battista
Lawson

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Friday 25 May 18 14:00 BST (UK) »
Battista
Tell nonna that's what they should be  sending me.
In bacio per la nonna from me.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline battista

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Friday 25 May 18 14:18 BST (UK) »
Battista
Tell nonna that's what they should be  sending me.
In bacio per la nonna from me.

Steve

Thank you, and I will :)
Battista
Lawson

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: Saturday 26 May 18 06:35 BST (UK) »
Lisa in California

Lisa,
Speed of lightening!!  E-mailed last night Loano and got a reply this morning.  Never had a reply so quick.

Birth Certificate:  GIMELLI, Simone 08/09/1878 Loano.  Added name afterwards Girolamo.
Birth Certificate:  DURANTE, Bianca 21/10/1878 Loano. Added name afterwards in blank and that must be Maria.  Father DURANTE, Giobatta and mother POLLA, Maddelena.
Marriage Certificate: GIMELLI, Simone Gerolamo born 08/09/1878 Loano and DURANTE, Bianca born 21/10/1878 Loano.

If you would like the certificates that don't need translating as they are self-explanatory send me a PM with your e-mail.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve:

Wow, my friends should be really happy about the extremely quick results (I know I am)!  My friend doesn't know anything about this side of his family, so I would think he would be thrilled about finding out so much about his ancestors.

I've sent a pm with my email address.  Thank you again!  Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)