Author Topic: Italian Research  (Read 98864 times)

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ITALIAN RESEARCH
« Reply #270 on: Monday 06 August 18 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi mitch601,
Unfortunately I have no idea how to find someone who was deported from Scotland to Itay in the 70's.  To be deported they must have done something criminal and if so they would serve their jail term in the UK.  As far as I know there is no accord UK-Italy for someone to serve sentence in Italy.
Further children; presume its UK and if so you can look up "freebmduk" with the surname and mothers' maiden name.  Putting in a date from the last child and upwards of 2/3/5 years.
If I am not following your questions, give me more info.

As regards the Italians list the names and dob or dom or dod and Italian place of event.  I will see what I can find.

Steve
Boaler/Bowler/Boler - UK/Canada/USA/Australia
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
Kapatofsky - Russia/Uk/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Monday 06 August 18 23:04 BST (UK) »
TO ALL AWAITING REPLIES FROM ME.

We are slap bang in the Italian Holiday season when most Italians are on Holiday.  Sooooo, expect a delay.  I will bounce back at the end of August with reminders as there is no point at the moment.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline mitch601

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday 07 August 18 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve, ah ok, that's cool, I was just looking to see if there was a way I could find out if someone (my birth father) HAD been deported. I was told they had been , but have no way of knowing for sure . I did try the embassy IN EDINBURGH 1 but apart from give me his contact details they offered no other info. He is still living but has never acknowledged me hence the reason I am struggling a bit with my family tree. The comune della spezia have been amazing, and gave me what certificates etc they could find. However as I'm going back a wee bit now , info doesn't appear to be there,
Though I have seen a few more names on geneanet that I didn't have before.
As for the other children, no not UK that is to do with my birth father also, I'd never even thought about him having other children until someone asked me a few days ago. (By way just for your info ,he does know about me lol, he married mum the year AFTER I was born) was to find out if was any  children from his 2nd marriage. Don't know if I'm allowed to put his and his wife's names on here if still living?
So  as for my list of names and what I'm looking for are:
 BIRTH ,MARRIAGE ,DEATH FOR :

ADRIANO CHIAPPINI AND CAROLINA OLIVETTI .(parents of silvio)  Have no dates but Adriano was born 18/9/1825 in piano de collecchia. And would have died before 1898 (Was first married to A Rosa arguilla)

Same again for: LUIGI PEDRINI AND MARIA LUCCHESI  (parents of erminia pedrini)

BIRTH AND DEATH OF ERMINIA PEDRINI, BORN AROUND 1876 IN DISTRICT OF BIGLIOLO. DIED BETWEEN 1898 AND 1909

PIETRO LOMBARDI AND BENIGIA ADORNI (BOTH DIED BEFORE 1909)(parents of aida)

LUCA PIETRO PEDRINI CA 1875
TERESA PEDRINI CA 1882
ANTONIO PEDRINI CA 1885
(All siblings of erminia)

Marriage in aulla  for silvio egidio chiappini ( born 23 july 1874 in piano di collechia) and aida Lombardi BORN AROUND 1891 IN DISTRICT OF OLIVOLA (rec 46 , reg in fivizzano Dec 10th 1909)

Death for silvio egidio  chiappini

BIRTH AND DEATH OF:
AIDA LOMBARDI

ALSO Have discovered a sibling of silvio called GUIDITTA CHIAPPINI CA 1861 COLLECHIA, MARRIED ALBINO RICCI 12 NOV 1888 CA 1874

It's a long list, sorry, and don't expect you to do it all, just whatever you can come up with would be a great help to me , no matter how small. I'll still be doing my bit to search as much as I can too, thanks Steve.
 Apologies for not having many dates so if information can't be found on those ones , that's completely understandable. Thanks again.

Offline rlw254

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 05:58 BST (UK) »
Still working on my Messano ancestor from Caltanissetta -> Salerno a few pages back, just a little progress has been made since then.

Can anyone tell me how to gain access to marriages in the city of Salerno in 1845-1846? These years are missing from the familysearch catalogs and from the antenati databases. Were these years destroyed or lost perhaps?

Since Maria Messano was born abt 1845 in Salerno I had assumed that her parents' marriage was before this date, however I looked a little closer at her marriage to find that she was said to be 'figlia naturale' which indicates her parents weren't married. Her older brother, born only two years later, is not given this title, which tells me that they married 1845-1846. Figures that these two years would be missing!

Same goes for the births in 1844-1845, also missing. Any chance of getting processetti records for marriages in the city in 1872 or 1874 also?

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 13:25 BST (UK) »
rlw254
I need to obtain the BC for Maria  1845c.  That'll give her parents names.  From that I can request a research for their marriage between 1845-1848.
should  be able to get all that from State Archives.  Could be no one has transcribed those years.
Births between 1844-45;  need names and dates and then from the above.
Marriages between 1872-1874 I can get from the Municipio (Town Hall) as the dates are after the unification of Italy  Again names and dates.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 13:26 BST (UK) »
mitch601
Ok a tall order, but leave it with me and lets see what I can glean.

Steve
Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline steve62

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 13:28 BST (UK) »
OLD POSTINGS (excluding the last two)

Reminders had been sent out, but still no joy!!!!!

Steve

Hamer - UK
Mendle - Russia/UK
Goldstein - Russia/UK
Mazorkoff - UK/USA
La Camera - Italy

Offline rlw254

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 15:59 BST (UK) »
rlw254
I need to obtain the BC for Maria  1845c.  That'll give her parents names.  From that I can request a research for their marriage between 1845-1848.
should  be able to get all that from State Archives.  Could be no one has transcribed those years.
Births between 1844-45;  need names and dates and then from the above.
Marriages between 1872-1874 I can get from the Municipio (Town Hall) as the dates are after the unification of Italy  Again names and dates.

Steve

Maria's parents are Michele Messano and Antonia Consiglio. As I wrote this I found that the marriage I was looking for was actually in the 1846 records, unindexed, so I had to look through page-by-page. Sometimes just writing your question down to ask makes you find the answer yourself  ;D What's interesting however is that the marriage gives Michele's parents names as different than in his own death record... wonder why the difference? I would still be very interested in the supplemental processetti records for this marriage since these provide the birth record of Michele and the death records of his father and grandfather - 1846 is missing from Antenati.

And Steve since you seem like the guru, maybe I'll also ask - how can I obtain information from pre-civil registration records if church books are not digitized? Is this done merely by writing to town hall with the information I am looking for? I have one or two lines traced back to the 1600s in Italy which were drawn out by sheer luck in finding supplemental marriage documents from a marriage of someone very old around 1810, but there are numerous births and deaths from before the civil registration that I would be very interested in finding.

Offline MrsSelfPub

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 12:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve,

I have only just seen your note and kind offer of assistance with Italian research so first of all THANK YOU for such a generous offer. 

I have also only just stumbled across my need for Italian research as DNA tests have just been extremely successful and without any doubt I know have to focus on Italy at the time of reunification and diaspora in the last quarter of the 19th century.  I have had a go with the Italian archive website but it only has only records for 1861-65 for the region I am looking at.

If I give you the key names and possible dates, would it be possible to give me a little assistance please?

Donata Adubato Bancone
b. July 1853 probably in San Martino d'Algri, Potenza or nearby villages e.g. Montemurro and Spinoso.
I do not know if her maiden name is Adubato or not but I think it probably is and that she married a Bancone possibly called Francesco Bancone b. 1858ish or having that as one of his names.
She had 2 (possibly 3) children:
Joseph (Giuseppe) Bancone
Anna Maria Bancone b June 1876
She emigrated with the above children to the USA in 1894 via Southampton but the story is that one of the children could not afford to make the crossing so stayed in Southampton.  She doesn't appear to be travelling with a husband and none turns up in any of the US Censuses.

Francesco Bancone b 1858ish
Mentioned above - he declares on the UK Census of 1891 and 1901 and 1911 as being born in Naples, Italy but I don't know if this is the truth as ALL the DNA matched cousins derive from the villages above.  He may have been a little creative with the truth.

Many thanks for your time and trouble  ;D
Helen
Mason-Norfolk
Maidment-Norfolk,Hampshire,Wiltshire,London
Moffat-Glasgow,Liverpool,Massachussets,Pennsylvania,Montreal,Ireland
Downing-Liverpool, Wirral, Derbyshire
Phillips-Cardiff,Newport,Chepstow
Chapman-Newport
Squire-Devon
Bancone-Italy, Poole, Newark New Jersey