Author Topic: Lovise FREDERIKSEN b.1842 + Louisa JENSEN d.1906  (Read 6589 times)

Online shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lovise FREDERIKSEN b.1842 + Louisa JENSEN d.1906
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 01:22 BST (UK) »
That's a good reply Beg.  I am not sure from the post from Heni if they had read the translations of the church books by their fellow 'countryman'.  These certainly conveyed a value judgement much more colourful than the one that you settled on. 

I just have a wee bit of concern that we are possibly imposing our own sensitivities/sensibilities on what may have been very forthright entries on official/church documents.  Having researched extensively in Ireland I remember being pulled up short the first time I came across an entry in a church record of an ancestor.....'this child is base born, father not known'.    Then reading the descriptions of the families in the parish by some priests/vicars......This was until I remembered 'the past is a different country they did things differently there'.

So just a wee caution.  We lose some of the colour. This would be a fascinating family to research with the different fathers leading to different researching in Denmark. 

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 08:11 BST (UK) »
At the poster's request I have edited two posts above, altering 'prostitute' to 'unmarried woman' in four examples.

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline heni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 13:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply, Beg Clonrode.
And thanks to the moderator for changing.
Best regards,
Heni  ;)

Offline heni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 13:56 BST (UK) »
By the way, Lovise was named Lovise Hindborg, and the name of her father was Frederik Vilhelm Geneser. That's why she was also called Frederiksen.
His father was a customs officer Johan Frederik Geneser from the city Skive. Their family name was Geneser, but Lovise was born in a small village where they hadn't adopted the new surname rules at that time. And definitely not for a child of an unmarried woman - a so called "uægte" child. Hard times for many people in the farmland.