Author Topic: John/Jane Owen Of Chirk.  (Read 4774 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
John/Jane Owen Of Chirk.
« on: Monday 24 November 14 16:14 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for a marriage of a John Owen to a Jane in the Chirk area sometime at least before 1828/9.Their two sons of interest are James baptised Chirk 17/05/1829,parents said to be John(Collier) and Jane of Halton.The other son is Edward baptised at Chirk 24/01/1830,parents John(Collier) and Jane of Brynkynaillt.

James I believe was to marry an Ann Parish at Ruabon in 1852.Edward is shown after 1861 as married to an Eliza and shown to have a son John born c 1859 in Chirk.This John Owen features in my Tree,though by very much a roundabout way I have contacted descendants of the James in the last day or two.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John/Jane Owen Of Chirk.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 November 14 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Names are familiar to me, WR, give me a bit and I'll get out my Chirk stuff and my trees  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 November 14 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 November 14 16:45 GMT (UK) »
I see from the 1841, that they were both born 1796 +/- 5 - in 1851, Jane, now a widow,  is down as born Chirk, aged 57 (so born circa 1793 - can't find a suitable baptism)

This is the nearest I can get for a marriage:

Ruabon, 17 Dec 1814
John Johns and Jane Davies, Jane signed, John made his mark.  Witnesses: William Lloyd and Ann Davies

I'm not all that happy with this so will have a better look later - need to follow this couple up and/or  get some earlier births of children.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 24 November 14 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget.Looking through the names on GR its probable that the John Owen was born in Chirk in 1794.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 24 November 14 16:55 GMT (UK) »
Just checked my Par(r) ish tree and  Ann Parish, who married James 1852, Ruabon is in it. They had:

Edward, Francis, Ellis

She would be a distant cousin* - not worked out quite but daughter of John Parish and Elizabeth Roberts - it's quite wide as they all had many offspring down the generations, including the infamous one  :-X

Back later  :)

* I think she's a first cousin 3 or 4 times removed

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 24 November 14 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget.Now possibly the earliest baptism for a child of these parents is a Francis on 18/01/1818 to parents John(Collier) and Jane of Chirk Green.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 24 November 14 17:02 GMT (UK) »
The James baptised in 1829 could be slightly deceptive.By all accounts he may well have been born in 1827.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 November 14 17:52 GMT (UK) »
No marriage of a John Owen(s)  to a Jane in Chirk 1813- 1837, so either they married elsewhere or they didn't marry. The Ruabon one now looks a strong possible.