Author Topic: Moneypenny of Naas  (Read 17348 times)

Offline npfennessy1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moneypenny of Naas
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 16:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shelly. You are right. The Memphis connection is wrong. I've been trying to find him in Chicago, as he worked for the railways, without luck.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 17:06 BST (UK) »
Try this: http://browning.evcpl.lib.in.us/

Click on the Standard Search button on the left of that site, and then search for Frank Byrne.  There is a result with a date of death of Wednesday, June 16, 1948.  The card lists his wife as Louise and says he was born in London, England. 

Offline npfennessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 17:41 BST (UK) »
Shelly thank you very much. If I can confirm that he is the son of Mary moneypenny, I've hit as recent as I want to intrude. I appreciate it.

Offline npfennessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Margaret,
I am reviving this once more in case you are available.

When Frank and Mary Byrne left for America in 1883 under threat of arrest, they left their children behind in care of one of her sisters (I am searching for that source. It was in a newspaper. Probably London Times 1883). This presumably is the same sister who was interrogated by the British with Mary regarding the Cavendish murders. Immediately after this interrogation Mary fled to France to meet her husband. The (two) children in turn did not come over to NY until about 1886, after which there is a good trail. My confusion is that during the trial it was reported a few times (maybe incorrectly) that she was pregnant while carrying over the weapons used in the attack to Dublin. There are inconsistencies with this timing. I am wondering had you come upon a third child of Mary Byrne (Moneypenny) who appears in a sister's family inexplicably. Or was it another sister carrying child (Marcella would have been the likely in age)?

Many thanks for your time reading this. I have still not made the connection I thought would exist of Frank to Terence Byrne, the Fenian. I am however completely absorbed with what must have been a tough existence for the young family that Mary had to keep together.
Niall

Offline fgurnee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 28 December 17 04:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Frank and Mary Byrne's son Frank married Fannie Wilson. They lived in Chicago and show up in 1910 census.  There is another Frank Byrne in Chicago in the 1900 census with wife Mary daughter Mary and son Frank.  Causes some confusion.  Frank and Fannie were my grandparents.  PM me any time.

I am confused why the death card at http://browning.evcpl.lib.in.us/ lists Louise as his wife.  I'm checking to see if that was indeed Fannie's real name.  Everything else on the card is correct.

Frank

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 30 December 17 11:42 GMT (UK) »
family search

http://www.familysearch.org

Athur Moneypenny born 1805 in Newry

son James Ignatius Moneypenny born in 17.4.1864 om Donnybrook Dublin

there was a famine in Kildare in 1839-1845

http://www.kildare.ie

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 01 January 18 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Only one records on findmypast;

Eliza Moneypenny;
Death 1897-aged 60
Reg District- Naas
County-Kildare
(corrected)
================

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 01 January 18 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Only one records on findmypast;

Eliza Moneypenny;
Death 1837-aged 60
Reg District- Naas
County-Kildare
================

should that year not read 1897

Edited to add Link
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1897/05849/4657439.pdf

Offline chinapaddy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 01 January 18 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Immediately after this interrogation Mary fled to France to meet her husband. The (two) children in turn did not come over to NY until about 1886, after which there is a good trail. My confusion is that during the trial it was reported a few times (maybe incorrectly) that she was pregnant while carrying over the weapons used in the attack to Dublin. There are inconsistencies with this timing. I am wondering had you come upon a third child of Mary Byrne (Moneypenny) who appears in a sister's family inexplicably. Or was it another sister carrying child (Marcella would have been the likely in age)?

There is a lengthy newspaper article entitled "Arrival and release of Mrs F Byrne"The Express Saturday February 24 1883
Arrested in London and brought back to Dublin for interrogation it goes on to say 'Mrs Byrne, only 25 years old has a young family of three children, the youngest being a boy of eight or nine months old.....' Four or five weeks ago, because of his health Mr Frank Byrne left England for Cannes. Not having his address she could not communicate with him............
Corri, Holland,
Newman, Kiernan,
Lyons, Murphy