Author Topic: Moneypenny of Naas  (Read 17330 times)

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Moneypenny of Naas
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 05 July 08 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher

Thanks for the link will email him and see if the two families are linked. Much appreciated.

Margaret :)

Offline npfennessy1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 June 14 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret
I have come across your excellent research via my task following the Byrnes, particularly Frank Byrne (formerly Secretary of the Land League).

Going down the tree, which you probably have already discovered; Arthur and Frances gave birth to Mary Ann in 1854. She married Frank Byrne at some unknown time, apparently in Donnybrook, though I cannot confirm that. My search for this marriage oddly leads inexplicably to the Indiana Marriage Records (US) without any actual material provided.

Frank and Mary in turn had two children. Frances and Francis Patrick (1879 and 1881). After Frank and Mary had fled to the US, they moved about, settling finally in Providence on a street which had been gutted by an urban renewal project in the sixties. They both passed in 1894, leaving behind I believe a few sibling each in New York.

I have never been able to trace the trails of the younger two.
I hope this anecdotal tidbit is somehow at least entertaining.

Thanks

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 June 14 17:50 BST (UK) »
I wonder is this lady a sister of Frances
Maria Anna Kelly dtr of Michael and Marie Kelly married James Purcell in St Nicholas 20th Feb 1862.
Winess Arthur Moneypenny and Maria Carton.

A Richard Kelly was married to an Elizabeth Carton
they had a son baptised 1858 Michael Joseph and his sponsor was Arthur Moneypenny.

from Irish Genealogy church records.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 02 June 14 18:14 BST (UK) »
3 burials on Glasnevin Trust you may want to check out
James Moneypenny age 17 in 1839
James Moneypenny age 62 in 1863
Margaret Moneypenny age 5 in 1863
The name dose'nt seem to appear in the index other than this time period.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 02 June 14 19:51 BST (UK) »
The following all appear on Irish Genealogy as Manypeny/Manypenny baptisms in St Mary
Marcella 1852 dtr of Anthony and Frances (fathers name may be mistranscribed)
Mary Anne 1854 of Arthur and Frances
Edward 1856
Margaret Jane 1858 may be the 5yr old in Glasnevin 1863
Catherine 1860
Jas Ignatius 1864

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 19:11 BST (UK) »

I've got the marriage for Francis Byrne and Mary Ann Monnypenny 3rd quarter 1876 in Ashton Under Lyne not in Ireland as you suspected. I don't understand why she married there as her family lived 8 miles away. The odd thing is that they married at the Register Office and I know the Moneypenny's were devout Catholics.

My Mother knew all the other children from the marriage of Arthur and Frances. I visited Marcella's grave last year but sadly there was no gravestone.

Do you know where Frances and Francis Patrick Byrne were born?

Margaret

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 June 14 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi dathai

Thank you for the data on the Moneypenny's I'm sure I can use it to research further.

I've found all the children born to Arthur and Frances and my great grandmother was their youngest child.

It appears that all the boys died very young. I'm almost sure that Edward had a twin called James but I can't access my records at the moment because they are boxed up.  James Ignatiuis (1864) died when he was 7. Sadly all the Moneypenny records I found on the original IGI twenty years ago have disappeared on the new website along with many more for other branches of my family.

Margaret  :)

Offline npfennessy1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 09 June 14 02:07 BST (UK) »
Margret,
I have the birth of Frances Mary as being Ireland, 1877. (Dublin South Vol 12 pg 627 FHL# 101054) This is given on the 1881 Census at Lambeth. She arrived in the US about 1886, three years after her parents did, staying with them until 1894, the year they both passed from long-endured illnesses. She married Llewellyn Huston 24 Sept 1908 at nearby Newton MA. She passed away from Chorio Epithelioma 2 April of 1909. I am not sure if she had any children.

Francis Patrick J was born Sept 20 1880 at Lambeth (Q4 Lambeth Id 378). He was naturalized in the US 1901, registered from Chicago for the WW1 draft, and was married at 5 Feb 1944 to Louise Buhmeier Weight. I do not have a date of death, though they show up in 1950s in Memphis.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 10 June 14 15:56 BST (UK) »
I think the Francis & Louise Byrne you see in Memphis may be a different couple.  The couple is married and in Memphis in the 1940 census, and Francis appears to be born about 1896.  His burial is here - http://www.rootschat.com/links/0138h/