Author Topic: DNA TEST  (Read 921 times)

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
DNA TEST
« on: Saturday 29 November 14 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Two friends of mine, 'A' & 'B', reckon they are both related to 'X' (deceased).
'A' reckons that his late father, was the illegitimate son of 'X', who was also illegitimate. 'A' knows 'Y', a grand, or great grandson of 'X', who is prepared to take a DNA test to establish the truth, or otherwise, of this.
'B' claims that there is strong evidence that his grandfather was 'X' s father.
Both 'A' and 'B' are keen to take DNA tests, but are concerned about the cost. They have asked me to enquire on their behalf, the cost and certainty of the result.
I don't know at the moment, but will enquire , whether  'Y' is descended thro' the male or female line, or mixed.
Emyr

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: DNA TEST
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 November 14 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Certainty of relationship 100% price, Google FTDNA or a general search of DNA test prices, around £100 UK unless you fina a better offer.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline DevonCruwys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 November 14 17:38 GMT (UK) »
The test you want is the Family Finder test from Family Tree DNA:

http://cruwys.blogspot.co.uk/2010/04/new-family-finder-test-from-ftdna.html

In the current sale it would cost £57 per person to do the test. There are also some vouchers available that will give you an additional $10 off each test which would bring it down to £50 per test. If you want to go ahead let me know and I'll dig out the codes for you to use.

The test will give you a definitive answer.
Researching: Ayshford, Berryman, Bodger, Boundy, Cruse, Cruwys, Dillon, Faithfull, Kennett, Keynes, Ratty, Tidbury, Trask, Westcott, Wiggins, Woolfenden.

Offline EmyrBorth

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 December 14 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for your replies. Will contact A & B to see if they still want to carry on with the test, and ask A to find out whether or not Y is still prepared to co-operate.
Emyr