Author Topic: Death of my grandfather's twin  (Read 1731 times)

Offline oxfordman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death of my grandfather's twin
« on: Sunday 30 November 14 13:46 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather whose name was James Frederick O'Connor was born on 22 April 1881 in Albert Place Armagh City Ireland the son of Edward and Elizabeth O'Connor. His birth cert. only shows his first name as James. I am trying to trace the dates of birth and death of his brother Edward who may have been his twin. I believe he died young and it is likely this was before his father Edward died on 23 January 1888 aged 40. Edward the father worked in St Lukes's Hospital Armagh as a ward attendant or keeper and I believe it was there he contracted typhus fever as he died in the hospital 10 days after he caught the fever. The O'Connor family originally came from Blundel's Grange also known as the Grange about 3 miles outside Armagh City. I would be grateful for any info.

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Death of my grandfather's twin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 November 14 15:08 GMT (UK) »
If you search:

https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

you will find two Connor births on 22 April 1881 in Armagh.  One is James and the other is Patrick.  The mother's name in both cases is Campbell.  Perhaps Patrick's second name was Edward.

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 30 November 14 15:14 GMT (UK) »
On the same site the death of a Patrick Connor is registered in Armagh as having happened on 31 January 1882 though the age is given as 2.  If you view the full record (cost £2) it should give an address and perhaps the name of the person registering it may show whether it is the correct one.

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 November 14 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Again the same site shows the death of Edward Connor aged 40 registered in Armagh as 3 January 1888 rather than 23 January 1888.  This could be a transcription error.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 November 14 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to Glensman for the info. which seems to be spot on as Patrick Edward was my own father's name and he was probably called after his own father's twin. Also Edward Senior's date of death was 3 Jan 1888 and not 23 Jan .Apologies for my typo.

Hi oxfordman,

Welcome to RootsChat  :) You clicked on the "report to moderator button" instead of the reply button here is your reply.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk