Author Topic: Houses in Broadsea  (Read 13364 times)

Offline Austin De Brou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Houses in Broadsea
« Reply #27 on: Friday 10 April 15 21:39 BST (UK) »
That seems eminently logical, great spot!
Hope everyone is well. Does anyone know when Andrew Bobin/Bobbin(s) Noble died? On ancestry a number of people have his death in the 1860's which means a death certificate should exist...which would be most handy. I've been working down the descendant lines of John Bobbins Noble, brother of George my direct ancestor, and have uncovered some interesting stories.
Best wishes,
Austin

Offline jennywren001

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with yet another pudding bowl haircut...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 11 April 15 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Austin,
Not sure when Andrew (born around the mid 1700s) married to Jean Taylor died but his son John was 80 when he died in 1865! Andrew's son Andrew (married to Helen Crawford) might have lived into the 1860s but I can't see a death for him at SP - if he lived till 1860 he would have been about 84. Lots of fantasy out there - so glad I stuck to my direct line with these Nobles  ;)
Jen
North East Scotland above the Tay...
JOLLY, Johnston,Thom, Rae, Davidson, Fielding, Sherret
FEARN, McKenzie, Stirling [brick wall], Robb, Wilson, Stott
RUSSELL, Fullerton, Christie, Cochrane, Davidson, Coutts, Easton, Scott
FRASER, Henderson, Noble, Mundie, Goodall, Thain, Neish, Moir

Offline Austin De Brou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 11 April 15 14:24 BST (UK) »
Looking online, the alleged date of birth for Andrew Noble (Senior "bobbin") is around 1745. I derive this from the sites mentioned earlier in this thread, and ancestry tres. Many of those have him born in the 1740's and dying in 1865! Saying that I am surprised to note the number of people who have included parents born AFTER their children in their ancestry trees! What I wouldn't give to have access to the original Broadsea parish records. Think I need a long, long 'holiday' in 'Bredsea' and the 'Broch'!
Best wishes to all,
Austin

Offline BlackBat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

I have just come across these wonderful post about the Broadsea community.  My husband's ancestors are McLemans, Watts and Nobles.  I note with interest that Marconi kept his instruments at No 67, the home of John McLeman, my husband's Gt Gt Grandfather. It saddens me that out of his 10 children born, 5 died in early childhood. I really must visit the Fraserburgh Heritage Museum this year. Thank you all so much for inspiring me to continue my research which at times is challenging.

Hilary

Offline Buchan Links

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 25 August 17 17:47 BST (UK) »
My 4 x great grandmother was Anne Noble (baptised 16/10/1773 in Broadsea) and her father was James Noble.  I've recently seen some information relating to The Barony Court record of 16/01/1789, which mentions that there were 42 Broadsea fisherman of whom 29 were Nobles, 5 Watts, 1 Lessles, 1 Stephen, 2 Taylors, 3 Crawfords and 1 Mcleman.  Included within the Nobles are 9 William, 9 Andrew, 4 Alexander, 3 Gilbert, 2 John and 2 James.

It's possible that the two James Noble are father and son and the date of the Barony Court record (1789) would suggest that one James may be the father of my Anne and, possibly, the other may be her brother (i.e. the James baptised in 1768 in the OPR). Or possibly father and grandfather?  One James is referred to as 'Gunner'.

Any information welcome to confirm (or otherwise).
Thanks.