Author Topic: Which Isaac TRIPP married Rachel STOCK in Shipham in 1756?  (Read 5765 times)

Offline Buttercup74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Which Isaac TRIPP married Rachel STOCK in Shipham in 1756?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 01 April 18 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, My ancestors are clark/tripp/stock. my 6x great grandfather was Isaac Tripp 1734 who married Rachel Stock in Shipham 1756. Isaac's parents were William Tripp 1710 and Hannah Seal 1712 (debatable as I can find no trace of Hannah Seal but that's not saying she did not come from another parish). You can find all this info, if you are willing to trail through the century's on the internet. Look for 'parish records for St. Leonard's, Shipham, Somerset'. I just typed into google 17th century shipham etc. There are a lot of Tripp's and Stock's on this roll, however, if you are willing to spend a little time on it, it is well worth it. I took snap shots and went through it piece by piece, name by name. like I said there are a lot of tripps/stocks etc on there and you can easily lose your way. Ironically Isaac's son (my 5x Great grandfather) William Tripp 1759 married a Grace Stock in 1783 Shipham. Cousins maybe?? or more likely just a very common name in Shipham, who knows?? I myself am stuck on Charlotte Winter 1786, she married Samuel Tripp in Shipham in 1813. I can find no trace of her.

good luck, hope this post helped