Author Topic: WILLIAM RICHARD KENNETT SOUTH AUSTRALIA  (Read 6701 times)

Offline Lorayne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: WILLIAM RICHARD KENNETT SOUTH AUSTRALIA
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 19 September 15 09:38 BST (UK) »
Dear Essie
Well we can eliminate him.

Thank you
Lorayne

Offline John Herniman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorayne
After a few years break I am now back on the hunt!
My grandfather was Walter Raymond Kennett 1887 Kandina SA until 1954 Ryde NSW.
His father was William Richard Kennett 1858 Middleton SA until 26 July 1926 St Peters SA who married Wilhelmine Bertha etc 1854 until 28 July 1926 (note they died 2 days apart!)
Richard's father had the same first given names born 1828-1908 and married to Maria Ann Wills 1828-1898.  I can flesh out more details etc if you want.
Walter Raymond (also WR just to make life difficult!) married Maude Lillian Leighton-Bailey 1895-1963 in 1918 in Sydney and had my Mum. Only child. Maude and Walter were spectacularly divorced in 1929 I think and both remarried. Walter had 2 children from his second marriage.
There is a gap in time with Walter between 1907 in SA and 1918 in NSW. His parents moving etc in your details above sounds about right. So I would love to find more and if Walter had an even earlier marriage! I think he was secretive by todays standards and his parents movements may have contributed.   
Cheers John

Offline Lorayne Mahoney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 00:33 GMT (UK) »
Dear John
Did I ever reply to you? If not I do apologise. I have had quite a few things going on in the last couple of years, also I changed my email address.
I have not been able to find a death for William Richard Kennett. Did you mean St. Peters in New South Wales and have you got a death certificate?

Regards
Lorayne

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Lorayne there is no death registration in SA for WRK on 26 Jul 1926.  His wife's death registration had her status as M = Married and the relative as WRK [H] = Husband.  If he pre-deceased her in SA he would have been noted as [DH] and her marital status W.

i can search my resource by dates only and there was only one George William * who died in SA on 26 Jul 1926 and he had the surname STOCKHAM aged 74 years and he died at Fullarton. Status was M but no relative noted.

Nothing for a George William *  who died on 26 Jul 1926 in NSW either.

I think it has been mentioned previously that no mention of WRK in his wife's death or funeral notices. http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article54858905

Not much help to you today.

Cheers
Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lorayne Mahoney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Dear Cando
Thanks for your reply. Yes, as I have previously posted I can't find a death anywhere in Australia for that William Richard Kennett, but am interested in what John Herniman says as he is a great grandson. He may have info I don't have, you never know!

Regards
Lorayne

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 09 February 18 03:15 GMT (UK) »
Let's hope so.  He has been logged in since your post on Feb 6.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk