Author Topic: Wanted - male SINNETTdescendants  (Read 1721 times)

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Wanted - male SINNETTdescendants
« on: Friday 05 December 14 12:45 GMT (UK) »
I'm the admin for the Sennett/Sinnott (and variants) DNA surname study at familytreeDNA.   Its a fairly new project to look at the (probably multiple) origins of the name, with spellings in any form of S-NN-T.   Already several descendants of Co Wexford Sinnotts have tested, with a slightly unusual (for Ireland and British Isles) E3B haplotype.   This gives some weight to the suggested origins being an emigrant from the Flemish community in Wales arriving in Ireland in the 12th century.   

This same Flemish community is also likely to be the origin of some or all of the Welsh Sinnetts,but so far none have come forward for DNA testing.

So, if you are male, carry the surname SINNETT (or any variant in the form S-NN-T) and can show an unbroken father-son ancestry to an early Welsh Sinnett (particularly if you can trace back to Pembrokeshire), then I'd love to hear from you, and have you join the Sennett/Sinnott DNA project.  Tests are currently on sale, with the recommended Y-DNA 37 test being $129 USD (down from the usual project discounted price of $169 USD).

If you are interested, either contact me directly, or just go to familytreeDNA, search for the Sennett surname project, and order a test through the project (this gives you the cheapest rate).  It needs to be a Y-DNA test, and preferably with a minimum of 37 markers,  (though you can start with less and upgrade later).

Any other men with direct line S-NN-T ancestry from anywhere in the world are also welcome to join the project, and/or to contact me for help in researching their family tree (as part of the Guild of One Name Studies registered surname study for Sennett/Sinnott and variants).