Author Topic: John Diggins and Bridget Burke  (Read 4997 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Diggins and Bridget Burke
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 January 15 11:25 GMT (UK) »
To find church records you need to know both the family's religion and where they lived (parish if not actual townland). Then you need to see what records exist (not all records survive and of those that do not all are online).

See these 2 topics-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=498742.0
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=442233.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline debu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 January 16 12:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennyrob just came on your post, the marriage, of John Diggins to Bridget Burke, was 14yj Nov 1873, Killea, John Diggins age 24, Pilot, son of John Diggins, Pilot, and Grand son of Patrick Diggins & Margaret Flynn, Bridget Burke, age 22, daughter of John Burke, Mason, Killea, Dunmore East, their family, Margaret 1875, John Diggins, 1877, all Dunmore East, and Patrick Diggins, 1878, Rose Lane, Waterford City, and yes this family left for Cardiff. I was researching Bridget Burke as her father's trade a Mason, I had a GG Grandfather John Burke who was also a Mason, from Faithlegg, same parish of killea. Jim

Offline jennyrob

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 26 January 16 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim

Cant throw anymore light on John Burke All I know is that my  Bridget Burke married John Diggins and her father John  was a mason

I have been looking at a lot of births deaths and marriages in Ireland and some of the churches have been very helpful supplying me with records

Good luck