Author Topic: AKERS, James  (Read 1770 times)

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
AKERS, James
« on: Saturday 06 December 14 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I am searching for some mention of a James AKERS who died in Kingston Bagpuize in 1607. This village was then in Berkshire.  I note mention of AKERS being researched by a 'hilee' on this list,  but I cannot contact him/her.   Those interests of hilee lie in Cumnor etc.,

Does anyone know of this family of like time and near Kingston Bagpuize please?  I note some in Bampton too.

Other than James burial and his will there is no other mention of him in the parish register except for his daughter born after his death 1608 Apr 19th Joan daughter of James AKERS.

Thanks,
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.

Offline Pennie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: AKERS, James
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 December 14 22:08 GMT (UK) »

There's no James AKERS (or ACRES) on the OFHS's Oxfordshire Marriage Index (1538-1837).  However, this index doesn't include those parishes originally in Berkshire (and which were transferred to Oxfordshire in the early 1970s).  For these marriages, you need to contact the OFHS (www.ofhs.org.uk) and request a check of their North Berkshire Marriage Index (there is a very small charge for this service).

Pennie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www. nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline yattonharry

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Best, YattonHarry
    • View Profile
Re: AKERS, James
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 December 14 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for doing this lookup Pennie.
WALES: Bevan, David, Thomas in area of Ystradyfodwg [Rhondda] Llangeinor and Bettws [Glam] Glamorgan Farms of interest: Graigddu, Gwaunadda, Llwynypia, Maesllan, Penygraig and Cwmsaerbren | RAYMOND, St Davids Pembrokeshire; OWEN St Davids Pembrokeshire; JONES Upper Neath Valley;
ENGLAND: Somerset, Yatton, Kenn, Portishead, Weston-i-Gardano, Clevedon & Bristol. Names: Nethway, Perris, Knight, Gosling, Payne.