Author Topic: john fleming marriage to Margaret in or around the county of donegal about 1847-  (Read 4337 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: john fleming marriage to Margaret in or around the county of donegal about 1847-
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 December 14 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Have you seen the 1874 birth certificate for Martha Davis to see date and place of parents' marriage? If her parents are the correct couple then it is important you check the details before jumping to any more conclusions.

"I am now trying to locate the whereabouts of the strabane marriage mentioned cos I think this might be it."
You've just been given this information in reply number 2.
The marriage which Elwyn found took place on 31 Dec 1846 in Donemana Presbyterian Church. Donemana is some way from the Donegal border.

I would urge great caution as I found several couples named John Flem(m)ing & Margaret Thom(p)son and it would be all too easy to start following the wrong family.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: john fleming marriage to Margaret in or around the county of donegal about 1847-
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 December 14 12:05 GMT (UK) »
When asking for assistance it is important to tell us ALL the information you already have as well as links to previous connected topics. After searching for the details I posted here I now find that there's a previous topic where this information has already been provided-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=706055.0

Like gaffy, I'm now bowing out
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline madyliz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 December 14 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi again
Sorry if I have not given enough details, just to be sure I was not looking for Elizabeth and Joseph's marriage, but for Elizabeth's parents marriage in Ireland. This is the first time I have asked this.
I appreciate that I had been told about a marriage for a John and Margaret, but I was wondering how I go about getting the actual certificate that was all.
I didn't realise there were a number of John and Margaret's.
I do appreciate everyone's time and effort
Thanks  :)
Hoffman
Davison
Saville
Hussey
Jones
Humphreys/ies
Bowen