Author Topic: Completed: Newcastle library Newspaper look up please  (Read 1995 times)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Completed: Newcastle library Newspaper look up please
« on: Sunday 07 December 14 11:36 GMT (UK) »
If anyone is going to the library and has the time, please could I have a look up in the Chronicle for a death notice in October 1970.
The (unverified) info I have found is that Elizabeth HENRY died 14th Oct 1970, so any notice would have (I guess) soon after that.
Her death was registered in Newcastle Registration District in Q4 1970, and she would have been about 76. She may well have lived in Gateshead and there is an outside chance that she was also known by the name Lily.

Thanks

Boo

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Newcastle library Newspaper look up please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Boo

I think this is the lady you're looking for:

HENRY, Gateshead, 51 Derwentwater Road, at 8 Logan Road, Walkerville (residence of daughter, Mrs. D. Mckeekan), on Oct. 14, aged 76 years, Elizabeth (nee Pugmire), wife of the late James Arthur and loving mother of William, Dorothy and Ronald.  Funeral service at Trinity Methodist Church, Rawling Road, Gateshead, on Friday, at 2.30 p.m. Cremation Saltwell 3 p.m.

Evening Chronicle, Thursday October 15th, pg 2 column 2, punctuation as in original.

Lady Nicotine
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Pugmire married James A. Henry June Qtr. 1912, Gateshead.

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 15:39 GMT (UK) »

Oh thank you Lady Nicotine!
That was really kind of you to take the time to look for me and its VERY much appreciated.
It matches with what I know about this family and confirms the first child as William which is great.
Still don't know if she was ever known to the family as "Lily" (which is what I am attempting to confirm to match with a possible passenger listing to Canada) but the other details are just super.

Boo

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Barry, nice of you to look, I already have the details of her marriage and the two daughters mentioned in the announcement and another daughter who was born and died too soon. I still need to verify the son's birth (I believe he may have been born in Canada)

Boo

Offline ladynicotine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 December 14 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Glady to be of help Boo.
Eastwood - Kent/Sussex; Apted, Phillips- Sussex; Jermy - Norfolk; Grove - Buckinghamshire; Coles - London; Pilgrim, Harvey - Kent/Essex; Gambrell/Gambrill - Kent