Author Topic: Phillip Hart son of Barnett Hart  (Read 7227 times)

Offline auntie bertie

• RootsChat Member
  • Giles the Bakers, Cheap St, Newbury, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Re: Phillip Hart son of Barnett Hart
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 December 14 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the suggestions. I put it here because I hoped that someone with Jewish ancestry may know of any other data sources other than the census records.

Thank you Dundee for those records, I had discounted that one as I was looking for Barnett and Emma together.  Barnett was a tailor according to the wedding cert, so this could be him.  I have been through every census and there appear to be 6 people with the name Barnett Hart around at that time!  And I thought it would be an easy one to find!
Beeson from Buckinghamshire
Freer from Leicestershire
Giles from Berkshire
Green from Birmingham
Gurney from Leicestershire
Heffer from Surrey
Randall from Sussex
Robinson from Hinckley
Wadey from Sussex

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 13 December 14 11:16 GMT (UK) »
The marriage cert. shows Barnett as a Clothier, that is why he caught my eye - it is Miriam's father who is the Tailor.

Yes, there are a lot of  Barnett HARTs  ;D

Have you followed up on the licensed victualler angle?  Phillip would have to apply for his licence and there may be some mention of the use of the two names.  It would be interesting just to see what name he used to obtain the licence.

City of Westminster Archives Centre

Petty sessions are a valuable source for locating ancestors who were licencees. Licensing registers normally show date and particulars of the licence, name and address of the public house, name of licensee, date and details of transfers of the licence, disqualification of the premises, and a record of any convictions. A full list of our holdings of Petty Sessions records, including alehouse licensing can be found in Courts of Law section of our Guide to Holdings. Licensing records can also be found in Westminster Quarter Sessions and the Middlesex Sessions which are held by the London Metropolitan Archives

https://www.westminster.gov.uk/family-history-education-and-business-records

http://www.rootschat.com/links/018yu/

Perhaps ask on the London board if anyone has access to these records.

Debra  :D

Offline auntie bertie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 18 December 14 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for suggestions. I went up to London yesterday to the LMA archives; but unfortunately they had no data.
Giles from Berkshire
Green from Birmingham
Heffer from Surrey
Randall from Sussex
Robinson from Hinckley
Wadey from Sussex

Offline Anita Benson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 10 July 17 17:29 BST (UK) »
This is an old post which I have just stumbled across. I too am researching this family.  Phillip is undoubtedly the son of one of the sisters in the 1871 census, but he might not have known it.  I cannot find a marriage which fits in.  Some of the daughters can be found in the New Synagogue birth records. Unfortunately, there are missing marriage records of Catherine and Barnet (Baruch) HART from the New Synagogue registers.

Offline auntie bertie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 16:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,  With the new mother maiden name info on gov records I can confirm that Barnett's wife was Catherine Allen ( I have cross referenced it with several of her daughters - esp Priscilla which is a pretty unusual name!)

I still feel that it was Emma/Hannah who was Phillip's mother. I have her marrying Thomas Mihill and Phillip is with her (using the surname Mihill in 1881 at Rectory Cottage, 51 Rectory Road,,Bethnal Green Mile End Old Town, London, England)
I don't think Barnett Hart existed.
He was Emma/Hannah's father - therefore Phillip's grandfather.
Giles from Berkshire
Green from Birmingham
Heffer from Surrey
Randall from Sussex
Robinson from Hinckley
Wadey from Sussex

Offline Anita Benson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 25 July 17 19:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply, Interesting that you think Emma/Hannah is Phillips Mother.  I need to do some deep digging,   There is information about Pricilla, the name was passed down in the family, one of the sisters Elizabeth nee Hart who married Abraham Lee called one of her daughters Pricilla.  This is my maternal line so really interested.  The GRO cross checking facility is really a life saver. :)