Author Topic: FTDNA customer support - where is it?  (Read 817 times)

Offline Roleystone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
FTDNA customer support - where is it?
« on: Thursday 11 December 14 20:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to order a DNA test upgrade at FTDNA but they keep adding items to the checkout process which I don't want. They don't provide any mechaism to remove those unwanted items. I've sent emails to them which have never been answered. Has anyone had any dealings with their customer support, and where is it?

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA customer support - where is it?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 December 14 20:15 GMT (UK) »
I have contacted them before by email and they have replied (it took a few days)

They have as you say updated their website. Ay the bottom of the page is a "contact us" link. When you click on that it takes you to a new page where you are invited to ask a question. If you don't fancy that then click on the "other topics" button. Then you will have the choice of a "technical" or "questions" button. Use the latter and it asks you to input your kit number etc and then ask your question.

If you don't fancy that or it doesn't work you could then try their facebook page
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Roleystone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: FTDNA customer support - where is it?
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 December 14 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Thanks David for your reply. I tried to send them an email again yesterday but still haven't heard from them. I've given up.