Author Topic: ROGERS - Weston u P, Pencoed, Llandinabo  (Read 9924 times)

Offline Ttony

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ROGERS - Weston u P, Pencoed, Llandinabo
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 13 January 10 09:00 GMT (UK) »
I too am related to the Rogers of Weston-Under-Penyard, Herefordshire. My Grandfather was Thomas Charles Rogers Grandson of Enoch Rogers and Charlotte Cox. I have probably been in touch with some of you before but would be particularly interested in learning about the family who emigrated to the USA

I took out a subscription to the (England and Wales) 1911 Census during the holidays, and between a bout of illness and being stuck in the snow, I have come back to this lot and have done a fair bit of filling in of the "facts" column in Family Tree Maker.  It has also allowed me to do some back tracking as well.

So while I can't help with family emigrated to the USA (I'm as interested as you in hearing more), I'm more than happy if anybody wants any of this "filled-in" information: what people's jobs were, where they lived, etc.

Tony

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 20 January 10 23:26 GMT (UK) »
It has been awhile since I have done any work on the Rogers Line.  But I am from the part of the family that came to Utah in the 1860 and I would be happy to share any information that I have.

I have no proof that Thomas Roger and Jane Gwillim or Willim had a son named Enoch.  I have looked in the Pencoid Parish Registers and also in  Weston-under-Penyard Registers.  I found the other children listed in one or the other of these Parish Registers but I could not find an Enoch. Possibly they could have been living in a different location in Herefordshire.

I would really appreciate any help with this and also any source for the stated marriage to Charlotte Cox and his date of death.   

Hope to hear from family,
Alane

(I am a female and my name is pronounced A-lane)

Offline Oakdale

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 14 February 10 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alane
I have a copy of the marriage certificate of Enoch Rogers and Charlotte Cox. Interestingly Enoch's name is shown as Rodgers but they signed the register with an X so they probably did not know any different. The certificate shows that they were married by banns in the Church of Aston Ingham on December 18th 1842. My research shows that they had 9 children one of which was Enoch Rogers. According to Family Tree Maker I am his 3rd Great Grandson. Enoch was born/baptised on 25th February 1816 at Linton Herefordshire and died 11th March 1888 at Weston-Under-Penyard, Herefordshire. Enoch and Charlotte had 5 children; one of whom was my Great Grandmother Margaret Rogers and another was also named Enoch Rogers. Enoch was a Bible Christians/Methodist Minister and at the moment I am researching his career. I hope this information is useful. Please ask if there is anything else you would like to know and I will endeavour to help.    Adrian Norton

Offline Colin Y

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Uncle Fred - England 1908 - POW 1914-19 - Bilbao
    • View Profile
Re: ROGERS - Enoch...... Enoch Evans Rogers b1867?
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 November 15 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello Friends

My cousin remembers vaguely her grandfather Enoch Rogers and thinks he was an Orphan. Other than that and a picture of him with some of his family she knows nothing about him ...but would like to.

We spent some time searching while she was visiting recently and we discovered that he was Enoch Evans Rogers who on the 1911 census said he was born in 'England" in 1867.

I cannot find a match on the 1871 or 1881 census. Nor can I find any record elsewhere and I am suspicious that the Evans middle name and the Birthplace stated as England might suggest the  country and perhaps he was Welsh.

One record suggests he may be the Enoch born Walsall 1867.

She spent his life in Walsall, West Bromwich and Handsworth 1887-94 where all 5 children were born.

He married Eliza Coley in Birmingham in 1885 when he was 18 and she was 22.

He died in 1947 aged 85 - BUT 147 - 85 would place his birth at 1862.

Ell intriguing stuff but not very helpful - can anyone show any light on this conundrum?

Thanks in anticipation of SKSs help.

Colin
YARWOOD in Warks/Ches but also London, Northants, Lincs, USA and Australia.
PENTLAND in Warks/Staffs/Yorks, Arm IRL: Chch NZ post 1884 and SCO pre 1800.
COLLINS aka COLLERIN , GALLAGHER & COX [RC] Highgate, Small Heath, Birmingham 1840-, Mayo IRL bef.
FRYER/FRIAR Lurgan Armagh, Edin & Glasgow SCO
BROOKES WH & WFP RA WW1 & 2
NEWSON & 'WATTS' Felixstow SFK, NZ,
HORTON, Surgn  Warwicks. FORTESCUE
PARKER, Charles, 1800-1853 Milit.Ornament Manuf. Aston, Gravelly Hill, Birmingham,