Author Topic: ROGERS - Weston u P, Pencoed, Llandinabo  (Read 9925 times)

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ROGERS - Weston u P, Pencoed, Llandinabo
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 June 08 22:32 BST (UK) »
Well Louisa was my G-grandmothers sister, so as you can see from the other posts there are quite a few that go back to Thomas Rogers.  All the places named can just about be seen from any high spot in the area, a 10 mile circle around Ross on Wye would take in most of the parishes where Rogers and associated families lived, and I live within that circle still.

Gwillim was definately Jane's surname, the people above have all added branches to the tree.   Do you know Liz and Wayne Margetts, they live in Salt Lake City, and I promised to visit, they came here about 4 years ago.  I will have to get in touch again.

I actually informed them of reletives that lived 20 minutes from them in the US, and they didn't know.  And the Ohio family were not really known.  There were Ennis, Smith, Meek of course, who all headed to the US from around Ross on Wye.

I have photos of the Jackson Allens, he was the one killed by a bull????.
As  you will see the family have spread out in the US.  We all have plenty of info to share.   I've let things slide for about a year, maybe you will make me start finishing things off.   I can send you certificate images and census pages with details, photos of where the family lived.

cheers Fred

Offline avbeck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 June 08 05:24 BST (UK) »
Fred,
So you live in the same area the Rogers came from.   That certainly helps in doing family history work. I would love to see the area. I do not know the Margetts.  But the Ennis and Smiths all settled in Draper, Utah where Louisa and Andrew Jackson lived.  I was also raised in Draper.
I would love for you to share certificate images and census pages and also photos with me.
I do appreciate all the help you have given me.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Alane

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 June 08 20:13 BST (UK) »
Hi  RCB....I have 3 families from Llanidinabo between 1600-1700...they are LEWIS FAMILY-STRINGHAM and MERRICK...if any of these appear in  your research ,could you please contact me...cheers...allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 June 08 11:42 BST (UK) »
Stringham can't be very common, nor Merrick?  I haven't come across many.

This is worth a look for anyone researching Herefordshire families.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ukhfhs/miindex.html

Fred

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 30 June 08 09:41 BST (UK) »
only 2 stringhams on that site Fred...both Hereford....possible link somewhere along the line.thanks for the site....allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 30 October 08 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello I have a ROGERS in my tree.

She was Margaret ROGERS b.26 07 1845 Weston-under-Penyard, She married a George ABELL. b.12 10 1852

Her father was Enoch ROGERS & her mother Charlotte COX
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 30 October 08 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Bilge hello - Enoch senior was John Rogers brother, John was my GG-Grandfather, he died fairly young, his wife Harriet went to Utah with her eldest daughter Louisa, but My G-grandmother and her sister Elizabeth stayed. 

You might have followed Enoch jnr who became a bible minister.  There are quite a few of us here now with links back to Thomas Rogers and Jane Gwillim.

Alane above in the list was last to join us, I must get back in touch with him.   Alane is in  the US, are you here in the UK?
                              cheers Fred

Offline Bilge

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 30 October 08 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Yes I am living in the UK. Sadly no longer in Herefordshire I do miss it so much.

Ah maybe one day when I finally retire I will move back that way.
ABELL-Hfds & Glouc. AWFORD-Glouc, Hfds & Worcs. DANTER-Glouc,Hfds & Worcs. DAUNTER-Hfds, Glouc & Worcs. BAYLISS-Worcs & Glouc. BILLINGHAM-Hfds. JENKINS-Glam, & Hfds. PIPER-Suffolk, Glam & Hfds. CULLUM-Hfds, Suffolk & Mom.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline Oakdale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 January 10 20:48 GMT (UK) »
I too am related to the Rogers of Weston-Under-Penyard, Herefordshire. My Grandfather was Thomas Charles Rogers Grandson of Enoch Rogers and Charlotte Cox. I have probably been in touch with some of you before but would be particularly interested in learning about the family who emigrated to the USA