Author Topic: Guernsey Look up request for ROBILLIARD  (Read 3982 times)

Offline tangwa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Guernsey Look up request for ROBILLIARD
« on: Wednesday 17 December 14 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello All,

Could anyone assist with a look up request for any birth or death details on the following?

James (or Jacques) Robilliard
unconfirmed family records state, born 1755 in St Peter Port, death 8 Dec 1805

Married Marie Hill 20 Sep 1799 ( I have a copy of Marriage Bann), Birth abt 1758 (but no records to date to confirm this) Death 1805 (again to records to support this).

James and Marie had a son Henry William Robilliard as confirmed on Henry's death cert, Henry was born 18 Feb 1799 in St Peter Port, prior to emigrating to Jersey in 1824, and later to Australia where he is Buried in Melbourne General Cemetery (1879)

I have been unable to confirm Henry's parents past his death record.

I'm interested in learning more about his parents life in Guernsey and their deaths as I'm sure it is unusual for both parents to die so young and in the same year???? Perhaps I have the wrong James and Marie? Also it would appear from the Marriage Bann that Henry was illegitimate  :o

Some additional information that may be relevant; Henry went on to work as a Sail Maker in Jersey and some family history documents note that he took on this business from his father ?? :-\ Some of Henry's Sons went on to be Sail makers and Sea Captains and one was also a Methodist preacher.

Any information or suggestions or what to do now are most welcome,  :)

Thank you so much in advance
Tanya ( in Australia)
Robilliard, Milne, Ogier, Lihou, Heckenberg, Beckett, Summers, Keevil, Appleton,Bilston, Chivers, Hogg, Patison, Mcgillivray, Anderson, Van de Wouw, Van der Loo,  Van der Meijden, Van Vugt, Marien, Cornelius

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Guernsey Look up request for ROBILLIARD
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 December 14 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Have a look at the very informative  site called Jerripedia.There are loads of Family trees and records on there.They are all Jersey based.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 December 14 08:40 GMT (UK) »
Also a sister site for Guernsey called Donkipedia.Not quite so much on this site.
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )

Offline tangwa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 December 14 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ringrose,

Thank you for suggesting both sites, I have utilised both of these resources but unfortunately I have not been able to find anything for James and Marie.

I have been able to confirm Henry's family including information on his 20 Children :-) via the baptisim records online from these sites (which was a fantastic breakthrough) and the 1841, 1851 and 1861 census, but given James died prior to the census I am a bit stuck now.

I believe I will have to search the Parish records in Guernsey but given my location and the potential cost involved I am hoping there may be another way to first confirm I have the correct ancestors prior to purchasing any certificates or engaging professional searches.

Thanks so much for your suggestion :-) I look forward to hearing any more tips anyone may have, as it certainly helps to know I am on the right track :-)

Tanya
Robilliard, Milne, Ogier, Lihou, Heckenberg, Beckett, Summers, Keevil, Appleton,Bilston, Chivers, Hogg, Patison, Mcgillivray, Anderson, Van de Wouw, Van der Loo,  Van der Meijden, Van Vugt, Marien, Cornelius

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 December 14 22:17 GMT (UK) »
This was about 3 years ago and Icontacted Societie Jersiase about my family.They had a copy of my family tree which they emailed to me.I found them more helpful. Than the record office.
Ringrose