Author Topic: School Registers  (Read 2206 times)

Offline firthview

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
School Registers
« on: Friday 19 December 14 15:23 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if there are any old school registers for Blackburn and where they would be held  thank you.
Graham---Dumfries
Johnston---Mid Calder
Lyon----Abbey Parish
Sherlock---Ireland
Mcleish----Ireland and Scotland

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: School Registers
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 December 14 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi firthview

If you, I would contact the West Lothian Local History Library to check what their holdings are for the period you are interested in. See http://lmmscache1.server.westlothian.gov.uk/tourism/FamHistGenInfo/famhistarch/

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline firthview

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 December 14 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that MonicaL,will give them a visit next time I am down in west Lothian.
Graham---Dumfries
Johnston---Mid Calder
Lyon----Abbey Parish
Sherlock---Ireland
Mcleish----Ireland and Scotland

Offline carlineric

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 December 14 22:06 GMT (UK) »
If you are looking for the records of Redhouse School I believe they have disappeared. The story I heard was the janitor? "rescued" them, then they went missing. Those that have survived are held by West Lothian Council Archives at 9 Dunlop Square, Deans Industrial Estate, Livingston EH54 9SB, tel  01506 773770, email archive@westlothian.gov.uk. (this is separate from the Local History Library). One thing to keep in mind there is either a 75 year or 100 year closure on them (can't remember which)

Eric.

Offline big nanook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 February 15 23:15 GMT (UK) »
hi there! you may want to give jim Gordon a call on main wlc switchboard 01506280000 and ask for jim in archive records which are kept in an industrial unit in livingstone and it might be a good idea to mention school logs which are much easier to obtain on the data protection side  and if I remember correct 30 years for regist but very little restriction on logs as I am sure they are not covered by data protection but this may not be correct as I am no expert  and if any problem put  up a reply and I will send you an p m and give you my email as this is not a very good site for people like myself who are blind as it needs serious tidying up as it take ages to find anything
terry