Author Topic: 1841 census - where is Ann Foulston?  (Read 4874 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census - where is Ann Foulston?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 21 December 14 15:04 GMT (UK) »

I have a comprehensive & well researched descendant list of Charles Hayter 1753 - 1826 blacksmith of Staines from an online contact...

Is this the one that you mentioned on the other post who left a will? http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D179412  Has anyone viewed this to check for clues on his children?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 December 14 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I've had the will since 2009, but hadn't thought he was a Hayter of mine. He was brother to John 1758 [father of Charles 1787] & Samuel 1760. He is son of Charles who married 1753.   

Names children Hannah [wife of John Simmons], Elizabeth [wife of Thomas Smith], Richard Hayter, Sarah Hayter, William Hayter. He was born 1754 died 1826.

I have a comprehensive & well researched descendant list of Charles Hayter 1753 - 1826 blacksmith of Staines from an online contact...
Apologies, got the dates wrong, the will is for Charles 1754 - 1826. Value of estate £760.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 21 December 14 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Ahh, OK, misunderstood. So, potentially an uncle to Charles b. 1787, great uncle to Eleanor? So no clues there to children from the very immediate direct line you are following here.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 21 December 14 16:15 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that's how I see it... which all fits in with contact's tree who said Charles 1754 - 1826 married Ann Gavell [1752 - 1817] 27 Nov 1777 in Windlesham. 

The will of Charles ca 1728 - 1807 [the above Charles' father] has
Will of Charles Hayter of Bagshot, Surrey, Gentleman, 25 Jul 1804
To sons Charles Hayter, John Hayter and Samuel Hayter my wearing apparel, three table and six tea spoons equally between them; my bible to grandson Charles Hayter junior of Staines; all household furniture and linen to Sarah Lambert if living and it is my will that she remain rent free in my present dwelling house until second quarter day next after my decease; residue of estate and effects to my sons Charles Hayter and Samuel Hayter share and share alike as tenants in common; sons Charles Hayter and Samuel Hayter and friend George Harrison of Bagshot, schoolmaster, execs.
Witnesses: Thomas Parrant, Joseph Laird, James Laird
Proved, London, 17 Apr 1807 to Charles Hayter and Samuel Hayter
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 21 December 14 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Going back to Frances - I was wondering whether this was actually Ann, mistakenly listed, given the similarity of ages?

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 21 December 14 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Well now, that's a thought Mabel, good thinking....a distinct possibility.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 23 December 14 14:14 GMT (UK) »
I think George jnr kept things in the family. His wife is Mary Ann - there is a marriage in Pancras in 1859 involving George James and possible spouse Mary Ann Hayter
And of George & Mary Ann's children, Frederick Foulston married an Emmaline Hayter in 1887 & Alice Foulston married an Albert Hayter in 1900! George & Mary Ann moved to the Birmingham area between the 1871 & 1881 censuses. And I have followed Hayter spouses back and both were descended from Charles Hayter 1728 - 1808  :o

I could be on the track of some new rellies   :D

Offline amanta41

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 30 November 17 12:47 GMT (UK) »
I am just starting out my research into my tree (Richard Hayter b1807 is my 2nd great grandfather.) son of Samuel 1760-1818. Just want to say that this post has been enlightening.