Author Topic: Masson family in Croy, Inverness. MI's please  (Read 2260 times)

Offline excel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Masson family in Croy, Inverness. MI's please
« on: Sunday 21 December 14 09:53 GMT (UK) »
I have been searching for births in the Croy area but cannot find them at all. Looking at other posts here I see that the records are in a bad state and illegible. I presume that is the same for marriages in the area.
In the hope that I can find some clues, does anyone have the M.I's for the area? I am looking for -
William Masson and his wife Christian Eadie/Edie/Eddie both born approximately 1760 - 1770. They had a daugher Isobel born 1791 [found this birth] and Donald born c1807. There could be other children but I haven't found them.
Donald Masson [c1807] married a Margaret Grey/Gray in 1830, Inverness-shire and they had 8 children, all born Croy. Again some are recorded, others not. I cannot find Donald Masson born c1840 but do have his  marriage to Amelia Grant in Forres as well as his children, also in the Forres area.
I would be grateful for any help. Thank you in advance.
 :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cline: Ireland and Berwick on Twieed
Collin: Eyemouth
Clyne: Ireland, Berwickshire, Northumberland
Barns, Barnes: Fife
Walker: Edinburgh & Stirling
Laing, Wilson, Forrest, Forrester, Colven, Rae, Cowe, Buglass, Johnson, Wilson, Thorburn, Darling, Broomfield, : Berwickshire
McRaw, Cameron, Taylor, Gould/Guild, McIntyre, Maxton, McDonald, Douglass : Perthshire
Cormack, Campbell, Sutherland, Doull: Caithness

Offline maclennan25

• RootsChat Senior
  • ancestors always seem to be just out of reach.....
    • View Profile
Re: Masson family in Croy, Inverness. MI's please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 12:26 GMT (UK) »
The website https://sites.google.com/site/highlandmemorialinscriptions/home/inverness-shire
has an entry for this family. Unfortunately, the entry is for Donald and not William :(

The moderator says that if you leave details in their guestbook, they will send you the full transcription.

Name/Date Of Death/DOB or Age/Spouse/Father/Mother/GraveYard/No.
Masson Donald   1878   70   Gray Margaret   Masson William   Eadie Christina   Croy Churchyard

Offline excel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Masson family in Croy, Inverness. MI's please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for the link to this wonderful resource. I have found the entry for Donald and will contact the Moderator of the site for the inscription. The next few days will find me glued to the site searching for many other families in the areas it covers!
Regards,
Rae
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cline: Ireland and Berwick on Twieed
Collin: Eyemouth
Clyne: Ireland, Berwickshire, Northumberland
Barns, Barnes: Fife
Walker: Edinburgh & Stirling
Laing, Wilson, Forrest, Forrester, Colven, Rae, Cowe, Buglass, Johnson, Wilson, Thorburn, Darling, Broomfield, : Berwickshire
McRaw, Cameron, Taylor, Gould/Guild, McIntyre, Maxton, McDonald, Douglass : Perthshire
Cormack, Campbell, Sutherland, Doull: Caithness