Author Topic: Angelina Rhodes Todd - COMPLETED  (Read 5333 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Angelina Rhodes Todd - COMPLETED
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 27 December 14 09:27 GMT (UK) »
To add to David's summary:

From Family Search:

Ann Tatman's mother was a Clifton which is really the focus of your search.

Take care in your research.

Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jbml

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Angelina Rhodes Todd - COMPLETED
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 27 December 14 10:01 GMT (UK) »
There are only 3 Solomon Piggots in the entire 1841 census ... and yeah, the London marriage is surprising; but it's definitely him.

How did you reach this conclusion? Almost certainly definitely isn't him, as since pointed out by Heywood!

Conclusion reached by exclusion of the other Solomon Piggots ... what I had failed to do was to find (or, indeed, look for) a match under JAMES Piggot.

Many thanks for finding that one and putting me right.

... I think we can call this one closed, as a "NIL" result.

Closed perhaps, but not as a nil result! Even negative results can help eliminate someone from a list of possibilities, or correct false assumptions. You've learned a lot from this and the earlier thread:
- that A. Piggott born Diddington wasn't Angelina Rhodes Todd as incorrectly indexed by the GRO
- that Angelina Rhodes Tidd married Christopher Todd, not Solomon James Piggott
- that Solomon James Piggott married Lucy New
- that the GRO has misindexed Solomon James Piggott as Solomon Frances Piggott
- that Solomon James Piggott in London/Gloucs was a different person to Solomon Piggott from
Spaldwick, both being on the 1851 census on opposite sides of the country
- that Solomon Pigot married Ann Tatman in 1842 in Huntingdon registration district
- that using an index without reference to the underlying event can lead one to make erroneous assumptions.

David

All agreed, David.

What I meant was "nil" in terms of the question asked.

The results produced, however, have indeed helped me to clear up and correct a part of my family narrative which was troubling me because it didn't quite all add up.

Even when you start out by asking the wrong question, it can sometimes lead back to the right answers (albeit by rather twisting and turning routes) and I am very grateful to all who have helped on this. A great Christmas present to have cleared that one up!
All identified names up to and including my great x5 grandparents: Abbot Andrews Baker Blenc(h)ow Brothers Burrows Chambers Clifton Cornwell Escott Fisher Foster Frost Giddins Groom Hardwick Harris Hart Hayho(e) Herman Holcomb(e) Holmes Hurley King-Spooner Martindale Mason Mitchell Murphy Neves Oakey Packman Palmer Peabody Pearce Pettit(t) Piper Pottenger Pound Purkis Rackliff(e) Richardson Scotford Sherman Sinden Snear Southam Spooner Stephenson Varing Weatherley Webb Whitney Wiles Wright