Author Topic: Ruth Etta Richings  (Read 1579 times)

Offline ruthvirr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ruth Etta Richings
« on: Saturday 27 December 14 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I am trying to gather more information about my paternal grandmother. Her name was Ruth Etta Richings born in Garndiffaith in 1889. Her parents were Henry Richings born in 1853 in Buscot, Leicestershire. Her mother was Ann Morgan? born in 1855 - 1936.

Ruth was born 4/12/1889 and died in Pontypool in 1971. I have found any record on the 1911 census other than a Ruth Riching at Camp Road in the Wales Census Summary of that year. I am not entirely convinced that this entry is my grandmother!
 :-\
She had several siblings and half siblings, therefore she must have had some relations somewhere.
My fathers name (her son)was born in Stoney Road, Garndiffaith in 1919. His name was Cyril Johnson Richings. No father recorded on the birth certificate although I do know who he was.
Any info gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation Ruth  :)

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ruth Etta Richings
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 December 14 13:19 GMT (UK) »
theres a Ruth Richings 1890 parlour maid,domestic at Fields Court,Fields Park Road,Newport b Glam Garn Deffitt
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 December 14 13:37 GMT (UK) »
Her sister Ada appears to marry a Thomas Henry Young 2 Apr 1913 at Llangattock Juxta,Caerleon,Mons his father James Young hers Henry Richings address on marriage Llanover witnesses John Henry Richings and Stanley Young
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ruthvirr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 December 14 13:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Much appreciated... Maybe can get a little further now with my illusive nana...

Ruth ;D

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 December 14 13:45 GMT (UK) »
This looks like her mother and older brothers in 1881 - they are the ones described as stepsons in 1901    RG11; Piece: 5253; Folio: 56; Page: 18

Garndiffaith

Ann Morgan   38     
William Morgan    7
George Morgan    3
Evan Silvanus Morgan   1

Evan's birth certificate would tell you his mother's maiden name.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk