Author Topic: Winifred Ellis  (Read 1875 times)

Offline SWH1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Winifred Ellis
« on: Sunday 28 December 14 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi, as part of a ww1 project, i am looking for details on winnie, i know or think she was born?lived at the golf view hotel in nairn in the late 1800,s. Looking for as many details as i can on her. I know she served in ww1 with the Scottish Women;s Hospitals in Russia but her family background would be great. Thank you alan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred Ellis
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 December 14 15:06 GMT (UK) »
There is a Winnie Ellis b 1885 Inverness age 16 living Seabank Golf View Hotel with her Mother
Margaret Ellis b 1853 Nairn Private Hotel Keeper also a sister Margaret Ellis b 1882 Inverness age 19
Did this Winnifred marry as there is a record for a Margaret Ellis going to Canada 1914 and lists contact details to a Winnifred Ellis Golfriew ?  Maybe the mother

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Winifred Ellis
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 December 14 15:13 GMT (UK) »
The mother Margaret Ellis is  still the owner of the Seabank Hotel in 1925 according to the valuation rolls