Author Topic: Claude F Shugar b 1920  (Read 5850 times)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Claude F Shugar b 1920
« Reply #9 on: Monday 29 December 14 11:11 GMT (UK) »
So their marriage:
 June quarter 1892   Alice Hockey and Tom Sugar, Langport

Surviving children: Hilda Emily, Lillian Mary, Frederick Alfred, Emily Annie.

And a grandchild, born 1910, George A Sugar?

So have you worked out who married who, and when, and whether there were more family living locally?

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 29 December 14 11:53 GMT (UK) »
I have marriages/relationships for Emily 1923, Lillian 1914ish & 1927, Frederick 1924, not found a marriage or death for Hilda. I suspect George A  to be either Hilda's or Lillian's.  1911 shows another child born in the marriage and I believe this to be George Frank  b&d 1903
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 31 July 17 15:57 BST (UK) »
George A was Hilda's, apparently due to her employer or his son having his wicked way with her, She later married Henry Arthur Millard and the 3 moved to the New Forest area. 
Mason ( Leics, Lincs, Cambs, Rutland)  Packer( Berks, Middx) Bearne, Vining , Sugar Shugar (Somerset, Pennsylvania & S Wales)

Offline bicker

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 14 August 17 12:16 BST (UK) »
I wonder whether you are the person with the family tree on Ancestry.com or have access to it. It looks as if Claude and his wife had a son Raymond Shugar born and died in 1944 in Leeds. The owner of the tree working back through BMD gives Claude's Mother as Emily Annie Shugar 1903-1971, Father unknown. The only way to check if this is correct is through a birth certificate, but maybe if you are a member, you could contact them.

Regards Heather
Somerset
Areas Bridgwater, Street, Glastonbury and surrounding Villages

Names, Whitcombe (and variations) , Diment, Mounsher, Cave

Wiltshire
Areas Pewsey, Calne
Clements, Ashton, Henly, Groves, Burgess

Kent
All, Folkestone for Punnett family
Punnett, Roalfe (and variations), Vaughan, Tuff,

Offline petmas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • We wunt be druv
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 14 August 17 13:15 BST (UK) »
Heather, My tree is on Ancestry but not the one you refer to thanks that all clicks together as at the time of the court appearance with Claude Dad was staying with Aunt Em due to overcrowding at home.