Author Topic: Germany - Adam and Anton Barthelmeh family research  (Read 2228 times)

Offline jbvincent

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Germany - Adam and Anton Barthelmeh family research
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 August 18 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi FW,
My maternal grandma was the daughter of Josephine Canty, nee Barthelmeh, daughter of Adam and Frances and sister of Edward. I'd be very interested to hear anything about the Barthelmehs. We have an old photo of the bakery somewhere, presumably the one on Seymour St, near Euston Station. I'm guessing it was wrecked in the riots after the sinking of the Lusitania, and I'm wondering if Adam was placed in an internment camp after that. I vaguely remember Josephine Canty's sister, my Mum's Aunt Ethel. Much of the family stories seem to have been lost in the mists of time, although the little I know seems dreadfully tragic. 

Also, coincidentally, Joe Barthelmeh, born in 1907, was apparently close friends with my paternal grandfather. He may have been best man at his wedding, in which case I may have a photo.

cheers
John

Offline pergamond

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 02:52 BST (UK) »
Hi John, welcome to Rootschat. I have sent you a PM (personal message) regarding the Barthelmeh family.

Offline Family Whispers

• RootsChat Extra
  • Family Whispers Research
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 17:11 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I have done quite a lot of research on the Barthelmeh family, I have a copy of Adam Barthelmeh's (The Baker) bankruptcy records. Also, a family tree report.

I will send you my email via PM.

FW

I have tried to send you a PM but I am getting the following message
"PM could not be sent to 'jbvincent' as their inbox is full!"

I will try later

FW

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 22 August 18 21:20 BST (UK) »
Pergamond and family whispers,  john will need to make two more posts before you can exchange personal messages.

If he sees this he can just post “ hi there” or other short welcomes on this thread a couple of times.

Mike