Author Topic: Hamilton's of Paisley  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Tavy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hamilton's of Paisley
« on: Friday 02 January 15 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Records show that an Alexander Hamilton and Janet Craig were married on 11 March 1786 in the Abbey, Paisley, Renfrewshire. I am trying to establish if this couple were in fact my ancestors.

Would someone have the means/access to let me know exactly who their children were.

Or by chance did Janet Craig die before children were born/or at childbith and did William had children to another woman, also by the name Janet whom he did not "marry".

This may take a good sleuth.

thanks
Tavy

Offline Blanched

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton's of Paisley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 02 January 15 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Try looking on Family Search (www.familysearch.org). Go to the "Parent" search, put in Alexander Hamilton & Janet Craig - you'll come up with plenty of children.

Offline Tavy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton's of Paisley
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 January 15 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.
I have since discovered there was a Janet Craig married to an Alexander Hamilton (IN 1786) and a
Janet Fulton "married" to an Alexander Hamilton (hope it was not the same Alexander) and they both lived in Paisley. They both had children and often in the same year, both having their first child in 1793. I can find no record of the Fulton/Alexander marriage who had about eight children, Archibald being the one I am interested in.

Can anyone find out what marital state the Fulton/Hamilton relationship was.

Many thanks

Tavy