Author Topic: Jane Bailey (b. June 1855) Parents  (Read 5894 times)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Bailey (b. June 1855) Parents
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:05 GMT (UK) »
Since you told me that Dad Matthew was deceased by the marriage in 1877 I then looked at the previous census to see if I could find a family with the combination of Matthew & Jane. No luck there so I considered the possibility that Dad died before the census, in which case we needed a Jane of appropriate age and location either living with a widowed Mrs. Bailey as head of the household or with a couple of a different name suggesting a stepfather.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Since you told me that Dad Matthew was deceased by the marriage in 1877 I then looked at the previous census to see if I could find a family with the combination of Matthew & Jane. No luck there so I considered the possibility that Dad died before the census, in which case we needed a Jane of appropriate age and location either living with a widowed Mrs. Bailey as head of the household or with a couple of a different name suggesting a stepfather.

Could you please give me the URL for the census on Ancestry if you have it?   I'll try to look it up in the meantime. 

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:17 GMT (UK) »
If you now go back to 1861 in Stockton you will find a Jane Bailey 1831 with 5 children including Jane 1852 and a granny Jane Gilling. Jane 1831 is head of the household and is shown as Single. This could be an error made by the enumerator if she was actually a widow at the time, or could be an indication that she and Matthew (if he existed) never actually married.

Do you have any Gillings in your DNA matches? Or Rennisons, since the young Rennisons in 1871 would appear to be half-siblings of Jane Bailey 1852.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:18 GMT (UK) »
I found it on findmypast. Rarely use ancestry for census searches. If you can't find her by name use the reference data I gave you for 1871. If you have trouble finding the 1861 one as well I can send you the ref data there too.

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:19 GMT (UK) »
I found it on findmypast. Rarely use ancestry for census searches.

I found it here...http://interactive.ancestry.com/7619/DURRG10_4888_4891-0103/10258690?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3fgst%3d-6&ssrc=&backlabel=ReturnSearchResults

I will check those two surnames now..... Nope, there are no gillings or rennisons dna matches to me or my mom with or without the s's.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Yepp, that's the one :)
William, Jane and Ellen also tie into the 1861 census that I suggested, so I reckon that is looking good for where they were pre Mr. Rennison.

Have not managed to find any appropriate marriages for Jane senior, either as a Gilling to Matthew B or to Rennison.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:29 GMT (UK) »

I will check those two surnames now..... Nope, there are no gillings or rennisons dna matches to me or my mom with or without the s's.

May be off on the wrong track then or they may just not have passed on enough segments to show. Did you just check match names or did you also look at what they have listed as ancestral names?

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 24 January 15 14:31 GMT (UK) »

May be off on the wrong track then or they may just not have passed on enough segments to show. Did you just check match names or did you also look at what they have listed as ancestral names?

I checked ancestryDNA (no matches)...  I checked FTDNA for me (b13785) and my mom (b30149); no matches.

Offline gliesian66

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 24 January 15 15:40 GMT (UK) »
What about this Matthew Bailey who passed away in January of 1875 (before the 1877 marriage): http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=FreeBMDDeath&h=1260417&indiv=try&gss=pt&ssrc=gr_t50192895_p28205807353_ktidz0q3d50192895z0q26pidz0q3d28205807353z0q26pgz0q3d32782z0q26pgplz0q3dtidz0q257cpidz0q26pgpsz0q3d28205807353_h73466560099

Do you think he's a candidate?

AND what do you think about this candidate birth certificate for Jane Bailey... should I order it:
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/districts.pl?r=18839740:1112&d=bmd_1421750281