Author Topic: William Humphrey & Sarah : Searching for their marriage  (Read 13096 times)

Offline Ravelin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Humphrey & Sarah : Searching for their marriage
« Reply #36 on: Monday 23 March 15 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Maddie

Thanks for looking up David's Criminal Register & Prison Hulk records. 

I thought it was strange that i could not find any records of him being transported to Australia. At least we know he was born c1767 now. I just found out that he would of been buried at the Convict's Burial Ground at Woolwich Arsenal in an unmarked grave and no record of the burial would have been made. He must be connected to my Humphrey's because my Martha names two of her children David & Phillis.

I am pretty sure also that Sarah Coker the wife of Thomas Humphrey was baptised at Kings Langley 24 Feb 1760 daughter of John Coker & Susannah Downs.

Yes plenty of brick walls.  ;D

Ravelin

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 23 March 15 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Could these be his parent's marriage and his own?

[ HALS ]

David Humphreys / Elizabeth Patmore
Ware St Mary 13 Feb 1765

David Humphreys / Fanny Wand
Ware St Mary 20 Apr 1803

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline Ravelin

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 23 March 15 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ray

Thanks for your help.

I have not seen that David Humphreys / Elizabeth Patmore marriage before. I can't find any children born to that couple on family search. They could well be his parents though seeing as David was not a very common name at the time.

That David & Fanny couple could well be the David that was sent to prison in 1808 because their last child baptised was in Feb 1809 at Ware according to family search.

Ravelin