Author Topic: The children of Charles DANIELS and Eliza GAME  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The children of Charles DANIELS and Eliza GAME
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 January 15 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Yes. I found a number of possible Charlotte Halls, but have no idea how to differentiate between them. Assuming I have the correct Charlotte in the 1901 and 1911 censuses, her last known address was Wedmore Street, Holloway. And again assuming I have the correct Mary Ann in  the 1901 and 1911 censuses, her last known address was in Leicester.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 January 15 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Rosina, baptised 25 march 1860, poss buried 5 March 1861 (www.deceasedonline.com)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 10:52 GMT (UK) »
I have now found the baptism (7 Jul 1850, All Hallows, Tottenham) for the Emma born 10 Jun 1848. This shows that she was the daughter of George Thomas Daniels and Mary Ann Game, not Charles Daniels and Eliza Game. Charles and George Thomas were brothers, and Eliza and Mary Ann were sisters! So this Emma is not one of the children I am researching, but a cousin to them.

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 12:11 GMT (UK) »
 Have you  Emma Daniels b  1869     marriage ?  I  think I've  seen  it  on Ancestry  to  a William Callcott in 1889   her father  is  Carles  and  a Gardener 

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 12:35 GMT (UK) »
 Greaves  , Emma b1848, Alfred b1860, Eleanor b1863 or Annie b1866.(Daniels )  seem   to  be the  children of  George  Thomas  Daniels ,    so cousins  to the  family   you are  researching   (from  looking  at Ancestry  trees )

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I have seen the marriage to William Callcott in 1889 and I think it is the right Emma. But many thanks.

The situation is not very clear. From the 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1881 censuses, the following 9 children are confirmed: George Thomas (b1847), William George (b1849), Sarah (b1851), Ellen (b1853), Charles (b1855), Eliza (b1862), Charlotte (b1864), Mary Ann (b1866) and Emma (b1869). Throughout this period, the family were living in the Tottenham, Hackney and Islington area. The parents married in August 1848.

I have BMD references for the births of only 5 of the above. I cannot find references for Ellen, Eliza, Mary Ann or Emma. Needless to say, I would like to locate these.

In addition to the 9 named above, I have baptismal records for a Charles William (b1845), Jane (b1857) and Rosina (b1859). I have a BMD birth reference for Rosina in Islington, but only a tenuous BMD birth reference for Charles William in St Geo East (Q3 1845) and no reference for Jane. I believe all three died in infancy, but only have reliable references for Rosina. There is a tenuous BMD death reference for Charles William (Q3 1847) and Jane (Q1 1859) in St Geo East. Given the date, I am beginning to wonder if Charles William is a child of Charles and Eliza, as he would have been born, lived for over a year, and died before their marriage.

If we include the above three, it brings the number of children to 12. But as mentioned above published trees on Ancestry suggests more children, i.e. Emma (b1848), Alfred (b1860), Eleanor (b1863) and Annie (b1868). I have ruled out - see above - Emma (b1848), who is in fact a cousin, but have been unable to rule out the other three. Indeed, I found it difficult to find much trace of them. I would obviously like to know if these are children of Charles and Eliza.

I am finding this very difficult to clarify and would appreciate some help.

Update

I have only just seen jan57's post, which goes a long way towards clarifying the number of children, which now sits at 12, if we include Charles William, and 11 if we don't. Still having problems, however, with BMD references or rather the lack of them.

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 15:33 GMT (UK) »
The  registrating  of births  was not made compulsory  till  1874/5    after that date people got fined  for not  doing  so , so MAYBE   some of the children weren't registered  ,

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 15:50 GMT (UK) »
 In case  you've not got this

Baptisms    for Jane   born 29 Dec 1857   and Charles  born  May 11 1855      on  Jan 24 1858  at  St Barnabas  Hornsey  Rd   parents Charles and Eliza Daniels   of 10 Rutland Terr,  father  is  a Labourer

Offline jan57

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 16:45 GMT (UK) »
 This could be Emma, 

Births Mar 1869   

Daniels  Grace Emma     Pancras  1b 75