Author Topic: William C Osbourne  (Read 5933 times)

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William C Osbourne
« on: Tuesday 06 January 15 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am looking for a William C Osbourne born abt 1823 in Hook Norton need parents  trying to find out if he same bloke as William Osborne b 1821 Parent John n Mary. Wiiliam C is in Staffordshire in 1871  married to a Mary Eliza living Leek n Lowe .  I have a William Osborne in Oxfordshire  Bansbury in 1871. Have I a bigamist ?
OSBORN/E  UK and NZ   Olliff

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William C Osbourne
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 04:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi I take it the 1871 family are your ancestors would I be correct?

The occupation of William C in 1871 was that of a Coal Heaver b Hook Norton, this looks to be the same family in 1861:-

Charles Osborne 36 occ Boots? b Bloxham, Oxfordshire
Mary Elizabeth 31 b London
George H 7 b Leek
John E 6 b Leek
Mary Ann 3 b Leek
Herbert 4 months b Burslem
Residing at 2, Lords Square, Burslem
Census ref for 1871 RG10/2881/72/3 and 1861 RG09/1929/109/23

The marriage certificate of this couple would supply both their fathers, although finding a marriage at present is causing me a problem!

Just checked the Freebmd births for Herbert, George H and John E, they are all shown with surname spelling ORSBORNE
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 06:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks  Keyboard    trying to figure out if he is mine and a bigamist  he born same place as my william b 1821 in hook norton too.  it the marriage to mary eliza or his William c osbournes parents I need to prove  one way or other.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 06:12 GMT (UK) »
Which of the children are your direct ancestor?

Keyboard86

Edit the other William Osbourne is aged 50 a Widower Occ Pedlar b Hook Norton in Banbury area
Census ref RG10/464/119/45
I would suggest this man is a traveller and his place of birth is possibly not even in Oxfordshire?

Also you can find out the maiden name of Mary Elizabeth , by purchasing a birth certificate?

Offline kinky d

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 January 15 06:57 GMT (UK) »
it William C osbourne  I need info on  is he the same  William as the one who  lived in Tysoe in 1851 married to juieletta osborne and in the 1871 in ox  or  1871 in staff as william c osbourne

kinky d

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 January 15 07:34 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to keep repeating myself but which child is your direct ancestor that leads you back to a possible William C Osbourne born possibly in Oxfordshire?

Keyboard86

Offline Pennie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 January 15 11:59 GMT (UK) »
I think the first thing you need to ascertain is whether, in fact, there were two William OSBO(U)RNEs born/baptised in Hook Norton in the early 1820s.  I would suggest that you start a new thread headed "Hook Norton Parish Records" or similar on the look-up board or, alternatively, contact the OFHS to request a look-up of their Baptism Index (1538-1851).  If there are two Williams, then hopefully they will have different fathers' names!

The William OSBORNE (who appears on the 1851 census at Tyso, Warwicks.) married Julietta (mistranscribed as "Jaletta" in the BMD marriage indexes) TURNER in Warwickshire in 1842.  Their marriage certificate will confirm his father's name and occupation.

As yet, I've been unable to find a marriage for the "other" William OSBOURNE (married to Mary Eliza on the 1871 census and living in Staffordshire).  However, purchasing a birth certificate for one of their children will give you the mother's maiden name which should help to locate a possible marriage - and that marriage certificate will again give you groom's father's details.

Apart from the 1871 census, I've been unable to find the two Williams - separately - on any other census.  (On the 1861 and 1871 censuses, Juliet(ta) OSBORNE is living in Tysoe as head of household - no sign of a husband, although she's recorded as "married" - with two younger children, William Caleb and Henry Hedley.)

Pennie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www. nationalarchives.gov.uk.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 08 January 15 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Pennie, totally agree I am just wishing to know which child of the kinky d family tree supposedly had a father William C or William or Charles William, in 1851 there is a Charles b c 1827 occ Ostler b Banbury living in the same road the family did in Leek, William C is a Charles in 1861, also Mary Elizabeth is a Widow in 1881 when/where did he die!?

Keyboard86

PS also in 1891 the Orsborn/e spelling is used?

Offline Craftyp

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 09 January 15 20:12 GMT (UK) »
The only William Osborne I can find in Hook Norton is a William baptised 14th January 1816 parents John a shoemaker and Mary. I cannot find a marriage in Hook Norton for William or banns.

CraftyP