Author Topic: Rodgers - Lily  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Mindchuck

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Rodgers - Lily
« on: Wednesday 07 January 15 21:24 GMT (UK) »
I am not quite sure if this the correct place to post. Am looking for Lil(l)y Rodgers b circa 1930. Also, her brother George, siblings of William John Rodgers b 1928, to parents William John, b 1898 Banbridge, Down, and Emily (nee Rowan) b 1899, Dromore, Down.
Rodgers/Rowan

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rodgers - Lily
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 21:30 GMT (UK) »
What sort of information on Lily and George are you looking for? are you sure they are both deceased? Rootschat isn't a forum for tracing living relatives but we can try to help find dead ones.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Mindchuck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 21:48 GMT (UK) »
I am sure they are deceased, but as they are my aunt and uncle (never met this side of the family), I am keen to know more about them and if there are any living relatives. I have been tracing the family tree and have found out quite a bit about my mother's side, but know nothing about my dad's side. My mother visited Dromore, Down, in the 1960's with my dad and brother, who would be about 2 or 3 then. She remembers going to a house in Meeting Street, and that my dad was friends with the McCracken family.
Rodgers/Rowan

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 22:01 GMT (UK) »
There were McCrackens in Meeting Street, Dromore in 1911- could this be the family your father knew?
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Down/Dromore_Urban/Meeting_Street/207835

Emily Rowan? note 1901 address!
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Down/Dromore_Urban/Meeting_Street/1206315
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/St__George_s/City_Street/162158

I know this is not exactly the information you've asked help to find but it can often be more difficult to trace recent relatives without a clear idea of when they died, etc.

If you click on 'report to moderator' you can ask for this thread to be moved to the DOWN board for further help.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Mindchuck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 January 15 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I will do that.7

Moved.
Rodgers/Rowan