Author Topic: TheGenealogist - Parish Registers  (Read 6901 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TheGenealogist - Parish Registers
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 January 15 01:20 GMT (UK) »
I know the parish of Pirton isn't on FindMyPast but that seems to be because they have put their own records online.

Other parishes could have withheld permission for their records to go online.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 January 15 02:28 GMT (UK) »
Other parishes could have withheld permission for their records to go online.

Possibly in the case of Shenley and Kings Langley.  However, with Watford and Rickmansworth that won't be the case because parts of the registers are on there.

For that matter, there are major omissions for St Albans St Stephens (which unfortunately for me borders Watford) but some of the records are on there. :-X  This again is causing me issues with any further research so the data collection isn't really of much use because I can't be certain that I've got the correct family when I know they move between both parishes.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 January 15 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I also have an issue with the missing Watford, Rickmansworth & strangely enough St Stephens :) records on FindMyPast & I also contacted them last year. Seems I had the same reply as you, it was the fault of Herts RO who according to FindMyPast had never passed on the missing years records. I did contact HALS & the last I heard they were in talks with FindMyPast. Might be a good idea if you also contacted HALS perhaps it would move the query along a bit. ;)

I don't know if you have noticed, as you have an interest in Ricky, that FindMyPast do have coverage of what they index as Rickmansworth East Hyde which turns out to be Bedfordshire Luton area records. :o Never was an East Hyde in Ricky. ???

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 January 15 15:16 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you have noticed, as you have an interest in Ricky, that FindMyPast do have coverage of what they index as Rickmansworth East Hyde which turns out to be Bedfordshire Luton area records. :o Never was an East Hyde in Ricky. ???

Maddie

Hadn't noticed that but no doubt HALS will get the blame for that one too. :-X

I think actually there are gaps in Bushey too from memory, would need to check though.  My lines keep parish hopping between Watford/Rickmansworth/Bushey/St Albans St Stephens/Abbots Langley and further afield into Buckinghamshire. :-\  They don't make life easy to research.  I've been through the microfilms of many of the parishes in the past but need to revisit them as other information has come to light. :(
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Online rebeccaclaire86

• RootsChat Member
  • I'm not stuck, I'm ancestrally challenged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 29 January 15 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Just as a quick (sort of!) update - I did email Hertfordshire asking about this, received a reply saying they would forward it on to the relevant department, and have heard nothing since...  So it may unfortunately remain a mystery for now :(
Buckinghamshire; Bignell, Talbot, Janes, Gibbs
Cambrigeshire; Cockerton, Sharpe, Purkis
Hertfordshire; Rolph, Bigg, Marvell, Pateman, Hornsby, Jenkins
Norfolk; Crowfoot, Randlesome
London; Wyatt, Yarroll
Somerset; Date, Hodder, Leatherby, Webb
Suffolk; Palfrey, Yallop, Kerry, Codling, Steward, Pettitt
Ireland & Canada; Hanna, Teel, Cowin, Switzer

Offline Maddie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 29 January 15 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for letting us know you have also contacted HALS. I guess we shall just have to live in hope that one day FindMyPast will update their coverage of Herts Parish Registers. ;)

Maddie
Beament, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Canada, USA.
Brown, Herts & Berkshire
Hester, Oxfordshire
Wise, Berkshire
Dwight, Buckinghamshire
Warrell/Worrel, Bucks & Herts
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk