Author Topic: Thomas Johnston - help to decipher his rank/profession please  (Read 9834 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Johnston - help to decipher his rank/profession please
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Johnson is in the Nation Army Census 1922 Stationed in Brandon Cork, next of kin his sister in Newbridge but it doesn't give her name.
http://census.militaryarchives.ie/

Offline tomj

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sinann,

Thanks for that, it's really interesting to see and another valuable addition to our jigsaw puzzle!

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 25 February 15 13:04 GMT (UK) »
TomJ
Hello and welcome!

Eveleen/Evelyn's Great-grandchild is my godchild and I researched the family in an attempt to create a family tree as a birthday gift for a significant birthday
As I am related through the other side of the family I had to research the Partridge/Johnson side and it took some digging!

I am delighted to receive confirmation that I am correct in what I located

I have copies of civil certificates from the UK and Ireland that I can pass on (I will send you a PM with my email) that tie everyone together.
The military records of Thomas Johnson are online and I see you found the other forum topic with the link to these
Interestingly on the marriage certificate his father is shown as Thomas but on the military records it is Francis John - I would be inclined to side with the military records

Thomas was still alive in 1907 as this is the year he was discharged from the army however as his name is very common it is very difficult to place where he was after this

Matilda Marguerite died in 1900 n Aldershot - I have her death certificate

When I get back home I'll go through what I have and let you know
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder